On Tuesday, December 17, 2013, Senior Fellow for Nonproliferation Law and Policy, Mr. Christopher Bidwell will speak at the Financial Intelligence and Information Sharing Working Group Winter Symposium in Washington, DC. The topic of Mr. Bidwell’s presentation is the future of Iran sanctions and interaction between the United States, European Union and the private sector.
The event is hosted in partnership with: the American Security Project, The American Bar Association’s International Anti-Money Laundering Committee, the FBI’s InfraGard National Capital Region Members Alliance, the ABA Intl Financial Products and Services Committee, the ABA Privacy, e-Commerce and Data Security Committee, the ABA Young Lawyers Interest Network and the ABA Section of Criminal Justice.
Details on the event can be found below. Registration is $25 for members of partner organization, $35 for non-members. Fee is waived for government employees who attend in person.
American Bar Association
John Marshall Room B&C
1050 Connecticut Ave NW, 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20036
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
12:30 PM – 5:00 PM US EST
Meeting begins at 12:30 PM. Discussion begins at 1:00 PM.
- Celina Realuyo, Professor of Practice of National Security Affairs, William J. Perry Center for Hemispheric Defense Studies, National Defense University: “Colombian Efforts to Combat Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing”
- Dr. Lucas Brown, RedOwl Analytics: “Analyzing Employee Behavior to Fight Fraud in the Era of Big Data”
- CDR Dave Gefell, US Coast Guard, Executive Officer, USCG Intelligence Coordination Center, and Josh Lortie, Intelligence Analyst, FBI Counterterrorism Division: “Report from the DHS-Led Private Sector Working Group on Money Laundering”
- Joaquin Roose, Strategic Analysis, Financial Intelligence Unit, HSBC North America Holdings: “Illicit Finance Risks: Credit Union Case Study”
- Daniel Levy, Principal, McKool Smith P.C.: “Recent U.S. Cross-Border Enforcement Efforts and the Risks That They Present For Financial Institutions”
- Scott Dueweke, Senior Associate, Alternative Payment Systems, Booz Allen Hamilton: “Striking a Balance: The Promise and Vulnerability of New Virtual, Digital and Mobile Payment Systems”
- Christopher A. Bidwell, JD, Senior Fellow – Nonproliferation Law and Policy, Federation of American Scientists: “The Future of Iran Sanctions – U.S., E.U. and Private Sector Interactions”
Moderators: Danielle Camner Lindholm, Co-Chair of the FIIS WG and the ABA Intl AML Committee, and Lesley Rockwell, Co-Chair of the FIIS WG