Marketing and Communications Manager
The Federation of American Scientists (FAS) is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager. This professional is responsible for developing content and outreach strategies to further the FAS mission. The ideal candidate is dynamic and team-oriented, with a proven ability to work collaboratively and creatively and identify new methods of outreach and audience engagement. The Marketing and Communications Manager will also fulfill additional job responsibilities as necessary to support FAS activities.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Create graphics and visual assets for marketing and outreach, including website updates, social media posts, and weekly e-newsletters.
- Maintain branding consistency across all materials and platforms, including the website, social media, and internal documentation.
- Format weekly e-newsletters and other digital outreach products.
- Update the website to ensure content is current, organized, and engaging both visually and textually.
- Develop strategies for consistent social media engagement to expand FAS’ audience.
- Process incoming donations in conjunction with the financial officer using Salesforce. (Training will be available.)
- Edit content for accuracy, consistency, and clarity with respect to grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Help in drafting press releases to broadcast FAS positions on issues, hires, and new work products.
- Field media, donor, and general inquiries by phone and email and conduct other administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s or 4-year degree; relevant work experience may be substituted for education.
- 1-2 years of experience of graphic design, layout design, and photo editing. Expertise in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop preferred. Knowledge of video editing is appreciated.
- Knowledge of WordPress and other website content management systems preferred.
- Exceptional writing and organizational skills: must be able to balance several deadlines at once. Copyediting experience is appreciated.
- Experience in creating designs and preparing files for print is appreciated.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and an optional portfolio to [email protected].
FAS is looking to fill this position quickly. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Early submission will ensure your application receives full consideration.
Striving for a Safer World since 1945.
The Federation of American Scientists serves the public good by educating policymakers on critical science and technology matters that impact our society. Founded in 1945 by many of the scientists who built the first atomic bombs, FAS is devoted to the view that scientists, engineers, and other technically trained people have the ethical obligation to ensure that the technological fruits of their intellect and labor are applied to the benefit of humankind. Today, FAS experts continue to execute the mission that was established in 1945: Making the world a safer, more informed place.
Follow FAS on Twitter to stay up-to-date.