Marketing and Communications Manager
The Federation of American Scientists (FAS) is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager. This professional is responsible for developing content and outreach strategies to further the FAS mission. The ideal candidate is dynamic and team-oriented, with a proven ability to work collaboratively and creatively to promote the work of an organization and identify new methods of outreach and audience engagement. The Marketing and Communications Manager will also fulfill additional job responsibilities as necessary to support FAS activities.
Salary will be $45,000/year plus benefits.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Create graphics and visual assets for marketing and outreach, including website updates, social media posts, and weekly e-newsletters.
- Maintain branding consistency across all materials and platforms, including the website, social media, and internal documentation.
- Format weekly e-newsletters and other digital outreach products.
- Update the website to ensure content is current, organized, and engaging both visually and textually.
- Develop strategies for consistent social media engagement to expand FAS’ audience.
- Manage donor portfolio and process incoming donations in conjunction with the financial officer using Salesforce. (Training will be available.)
- Edit content for accuracy, consistency, and clarity with respect to grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Draft compelling press releases to broadcast FAS positions on issues, hires, and new work products.
- Field media, donor, and general inquiries by phone and email and conduct other administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s or 4-year degree; relevant work experience may be substituted for education.
- 1-2 years of experience of graphic design, layout design, and photo editing. Expertise in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop preferred. Knowledge of video editing is appreciated.
- Knowledge of WordPress and other website content management systems preferred.
- Exceptional writing and organizational skills: must be able to balance several deadlines at once. Copyediting experience is appreciated.
- Experience in creating designs and preparing files for print is appreciated.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and an optional portfolio to [email protected].
FAS is looking to fill this position quickly. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Early submission will ensure your application receives full consideration.
The Federation of American Scientists (FAS) provides science-based analysis of and solutions to protect against catastrophic threats to national and international security. Specifically, FAS works to reduce the number and proliferation of nuclear weapons, prevent nuclear and radiological terrorism, promote high standards for nuclear energy’s safety and security, illuminate government secrecy practices, as well as work to prevent the use of biological and chemical weapons.
Founded in November 1945, as the Federation of Atomic Scientists, by scientists who built the first atomic bombs during the Manhattan Project, FAS is devoted to the belief that scientists, engineers, and other technically trained people have the ethical obligation to ensure that the technological fruits of their intellect and labor are applied to the benefit of humankind.
The Federation of American Scientists is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff and offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a rewarding work environment.
Follow FAS on Twitter to stay up-to-date.