Oil For Food
This archive is a compendium of major reports from the Office of the Iraq Programme, as well as other official documents pertaining to the sanctions on Iraq. If we are missing something important, please let us know.
Office of Iraq Program Documents
- S/2000/520 1 June 2000 - Report of the Secretary-General pursuant to paragraph 5 of Security Council resolution 1281 (1999) - Iraqi oil-for-food
- S/2000/208 10 March 2000 - REPORT OF THE SECRETARY-GENERAL PURSUANT TO PARAGRAPHS 28 AND 30 OF RESOLUTION 1284 (1999) AND PARAGRAPH 5 OF RESOLUTION 1281 (1999) - Increasing Iraq's petroleum production and export capacity. HTML VERSION
- Briefing by Benon V. Sevan, Executive Director of the Iraq Programme, of the Security Council at its informal consultations held on 7 February 2000
- S/2000/22 14 January 2000 -- REPORT OF THE SECRETARY-GENERAL PURSUANT TO PARAGRAPH 32 OF SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION 1284 (1999) - Iraqi oil-for-food
- Update for the period 18 to 24 December 1999 United Nations Office of the Iraq Programme - oil for food 27 December 1999
- REPORT OF THE SECRETARY-GENERAL PURSUANT TO PARAGRAPH 6 OF RESOLUTION 1242 (1999) (S/1999/1162) 17 November 1999
- REPORT OF THE SECRETARY-GENERAL PURSUANT TO PARAGRAPH 6 OF SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION 1242 (1999) S/1999/1162
12 November 1999
- REPORT OF THE SECRETARY-GENERAL PURSUAN TO PARAGRAPH SIX OF SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION 1242 (1999) S/1999/896
19 August 1999
- Report of the group of experts established pursuant to paragraph 9 of Security Council resolution 1242 (1999) 2 July 1999
- REPORT OF THE SECRETARY-GENERAL PURSUANT TO PARAGRAPH 6 OF SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION 1210 (1998) I. INTRODUCTION S/1999/573 - 18 May 1999
- REVIEW AND ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE HUMANITARIAN PROGRAMME ESTABLISHED PURSUANT TO SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION 986 (1995) (DECEMBER 1996-NOVEMBER 1998) S/1999/481
28 April 1999
- REPORT OF THE SECRETARY-GENERAL PURSUANT TO PARAGRAPH 6 OF SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION 1210 (1998) - (S/1999/187) 25 February 1999
- REPORT OF THE SECRETARY-GENERAL PURSUANT TO PARAGRAPH 6 OF SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION 1210 (1998) S/1998/187
22 February 1999
- Letter from the Secretary-General to the President of the Security Council pursuant to resolution 1210 - regarding provision of oil spare parts and equipment to Iraq S/1998/1233 - 29 December 1998
- Report of the group of experts established pursuant to paragraph 9 of Security Council resolution 1210 (1998) S/1998/1233 - 29 December 1998
- Oil sales continue, first humanitarian contract for Phase V received Office of the Iraq Programme -- 28 December 1998
- SECURITY COUNCIL EXTENDS HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE PROGRAMME TO IRAQ -- 'OIL-FOR-FOOD' -- FOR 180 DAYS BEGINNING ON 26 NOVEMBER
24 November 1998 Press Release SC/6600
- DAILY PRESS BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL 20 November 1998 -- The 180-day report of the Secretary-General on the "oil-for- food" programme concluded that the low price of oil had caused a significant shortfall in funding, amounting to approximately $1 billion less for the humanitarian programme than envisaged in the distribution plan.
- S/1998/1100 19 November 1998 REPORT OF THE SECRETARY-GENERAL PURSUANT TO PARAGRAPH 10 OF SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION 1153 (1998) - 180 Day Report on "oil for food"
- S/1998/330 LETTER DATED 15 APRIL 1998 FROM THE SECRETARY-GENERAL ADDRESSED TO THE SECURITY COUNCIL - executive summary of the report of the group of experts established to determine whether Iraq is able to export petroleum products sufficient to produce US$ 5.256 billion.
- Report of the group of experts established pursuant to
paragraph 12 of Security Council resolution 1153 (1998) S/1998/330
- THE PRACTICAL EFFECT OF THE IRAQI OIL-FOR-FOOD PROGRAM Douglas Scott [This paper appeared originally in Disarmament Diplomacy (Issue No. 25, April 1998) With the oil-for-food program in place, the sanctions regime has been transformed.
- E/CN.4/1998/67 - 10 March 1998 Report on the situation of human rights in Iraq, submitted by the Special Rapporteur, Mr. Max van der Stoel
- S/1998/194 REPORT OF THE SECRETARY-GENERAL PURSUANT
TO PARAGRAPH 4 OF RESOLUTION 1143 (1997) 4 March 1998
- S/1998/90 1 February 1998 - REPORT OF THE SECRETARY-GENERAL PURSUANT TO PARAGRAPH 7 OF RESOLUTION 1143 (1997) -- improving the implementation of the humanitarian programme for Iraq
- Iraq sanctions create their own disaster International Committee of the Red Cross World Disasters Report 1998 With the weapons issue still not resolved, many - humanitarian agencies and governments alike - are questioning both the effectiveness and efficiency of economic sanctions. Although reliable figures are scarce, both infant and under-five mortality rates seem to have risen sharply.
- S/1997/935 REPORT OF THE SECRETARY-GENERAL PURSUANT
TO PARAGRAPH 3 OF RESOLUTION 1111 (1997) 28 November 1997
- 'OIL-FOR-FOOD' DEAL IMPROVES OVERALL FOOD SITUATION IN IRAQ, BUT MALNUTRITION REMAINS SERIOUS PROBLEM, SAYS REPORT OF FAO/WFP MISSION 10 October 1997 Press Release FAO/3649 WFP/1045 -- Although there has been some improvement in the overall food supply situation following the implementation of Security Council resolution 986 (1995), malnutrition still remains a serious problem throughout Iraq, according to the latest joint assessment mission by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP).
- FAO/WFP FOOD SUPPLY AND NUTRITION ASSESSMENT MISSION TO IRAQ 3 October 1997 -- Malnutrition still remains a serious problem throughout the country and the Mission widely observed cases of marasmus and kwashiorkor. Moreover, although food rations under SCR 986 will provide a significant proportion of overall energy and protein needs, the provisions are low or deficient in a number of other nutrients. Of major importance is the severe deterioration of the water and sanitation system in Iraq.
- S/1996/356 - MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE SECRETARIAT OF THE UNITED NATIONS AND THE GOVERNMENT OF IRAQ ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION 986 (1995)
Maintained by Webmaster
Updated Saturday, June 10, 2000 12:30:30 PM