Secrecy and Security News
- Special Procedures for Discretionary Access to Classified Historical Central Intelligence Agency Records Requested by Other Federal Agencies in Furtherance of Historical Research, Final Rule, Federal Register, August 9. "CIA is providing greater clarity about the procedures under which, as a matter of discretion, it may provide access to classified historical CIA records requested by other Federal agencies in furtherance of historical research when such access is not expressly required by statute."
- Argentina Declassification Project: State Department Fact Sheet, August 8. "The declassification project represents an historic effort by U.S. Government agencies and departments to search, identify, review for public access, and provide records that shed light on human rights abuses in Argentina between 1975 and 1984."
- Tricky Next Step for House Republicans Who Want Another Clinton Probe by Charles S. Clark, Government Executive, August 8.
- Agencies Are Declassifying One-Time Secrets at a Higher Rate, Archives Reports by Charles S. Clark, Government Executive, August 2. "Historians, journalists and public policy analysts likely welcome the latest report on agency disclosures of one-time government secrets issued last week by the National Archives and Records Administration."
- FAS website blocked by US Cyber Command. "You have attempted to access a blocked website. Access to this website has been blocked for operational reasons by the DOD Enterprise-Level Protection System."
Older News: July 2016