Senior Events Associate
FAS is seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior Events Associate to join our team. This individual will collaborate with various departments and external stakeholders, focusing on designing, planning, coordinating, and managing a variety of events to support our mission. This role requires excellent communication skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment. The Senior Events Associate will report to the Media and Marketing Manager on the Communications Team, and play a cross-functional role with all departments to ensure events are delivered accurately, on time, and with high quality.
What you’ll do (core responsibilities)
- Design, plan, coordinate, and manage all aspects of events at FAS, including organization-wide events and events within specific programs and teams.
- Support FAS’ Talent Hub with 50% of their time to plan and execute events for fellows working in the federal government.
- Manage new and existing vendor and contractor relationships.
- Engage with diverse internal and external stakeholders, providing timely and accurate information and keeping key stakeholders informed.
- Collaborate with different teams and leaders across FAS, ensuring accurate and timely event-related planning and communication.
- Work with the communications team to determine marketing and media strategies for each event.
- Proactively identify and address potential issues in event planning and execution.
- Use FAS technology and communication tools to execute tasks efficiently.
Skills and Experience
- At least three years experience in event planning and design, stakeholder and vendor management, and communications.
- Demonstrated ability to process and synthesize complex ideas and transform them into successful events.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to adversity or ambiguity, work within set timelines, and deliver high-quality outcomes.
- Experience in a collaborative and inclusive work environment, with a proven record of building relationships and networks.
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with FAS’s mission and the political and market factors influencing our work.
- Understanding of project management software and other relevant technology tools.
- Experience with budget management and fiscal planning in an event context.