The Federation of American Scientists is seeking a full-time Project Associate to support the day-to-day operations of the Talent Hub team. The Talent Hub team leads an cross-organization effort to connect science and technology professionals to opportunities to serve throughout government and public policy nonprofits. In this key role the Project Associate will support the Talent Hub team in an administrative capacity, which will help ensure the team provides exceptional support to our Impact Fellows.
The Project Associate will work alongside Talent Hub staff, and report to the Talent Hub Associate Director, to help administer the full life cycle of the Talent Hub Fellowship Program across various domains such as project management, recruitment efforts, external client relationships (government agency partners and prospective talent), and overall fellowship experience.
We are seeking a self-starting team player with strong organizational and problem-solving skills, excellent writing skills, and the ability to work collaboratively. The right candidate will help shape the role according to their skills, and act as a key player toward achieving significant growth and long-term sustainability for the Federation of American Scientists.
What You’ll Do (Core Responsibilities)
Working closely with the Talent Hub staff, the Associate supports all activities including but not limited to:
- Operations for the Talent Hub Fellowship Program, including Fellow help desk management and reporting;
- Serve as Talent Hub team staff liaison to across the organization.
- Support the Sr. Project Associate to work with agency partners to facilitate the Talent Hub Fellowship Program onboarding process;
- Support the Community & Fellowships Manager with community management, communications, partnership outreach and development, and other responsibilities;
- Work with the Community Fellowships Manager to source prospective talent through developing partnerships with like-minded organizations, with a particular emphasis on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion;
- Manage the development of strategic communications in partnership with the FAS Communications team, specifically generating social media content, web content, and other related external communication materials in support of the Talent Hub Fellowship cohorts; and
- Performing other duties as needed and assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
The FAS team is seeking an entrepreneurial, ambitious, and resourceful individual who is comfortable in a start-up environment, has the ability to thrive in ambiguity and has previous job or internship experience in similar dynamic environments.
Strong candidates will have some of the following experience and qualifications:
- Previous internship or work experience in the federal government, a think tank, science or technology research, or business operations;
- Experience managing projects;
- Experience building partnerships and collaborating across networks;
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial culture; and
- Previous experience in communications, editing, project management strongly desired.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong ability to organize and effectively communicate
- Collaborative team player who can take initiative and follow-through on a diversity of tasks
- Self-starter who is driven and dedicated to the mission of FAS
Compensation ranges from $60,000 – $70,000 and is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience.
Don’t check off every box? Apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. At FAS we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and developing new voices. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway – you might just be the right candidate.
The Federation of American Scientists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Federation of American Scientists prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
FAS is looking to fill this position quickly. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Early submission will ensure your application receives full consideration.