Policy Fellowships Program Manager
The Federation of American Scientists is seeking a Policy Fellowships Program Manager to join the Talent Hub team. The Talent Hub team leads an cross-organization effort to connect science and technology professionals to opportunities to serve throughout government and public policy nonprofits. This role is critical to ensure streamlined operations across our expanding fellowship programs. Reporting directly to the Director of Policy Fellowships, the Policy Fellowships Program Manager will work cross-functionally with the FAS Operations Team to streamline processes, manage resources, and contribute to the operational excellence of the Talent Hub internally and externally.
What You’ll Do (Core Responsibilities)
Operational Efficiency & Project Management
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures to ensure effective execution of fellowship programs.
- Work closely within the talent hub team to understand their operational needs and challenges, and provide solutions to improve efficiency.
- Coordinate with the Associate Director of Policy Fellowships to ensure that all projects are on schedule.
- Use project management tools to track project timelines, deliverables, and milestones across multiple contracts. Coordinate the entire Talent Hub team to drive success on time.
- Draft new contracts and shepherd them through FAS’s internal approval process. Ensure that all existing contracts are in compliance.
Human & Resource Management
- Collaborate with the finance team to manage and allocate resources effectively, ensuring that budgets are adhered to.
- Work with the CFO, Associate Director of People and Culture, HR Manager, and Talent Hub team to manage human resources for 50+ Impact Fellows.
- Act as a point of contact for operational communications between internal team members and external stakeholders.
- Develop and disseminate regular updates on operational status to all relevant parties.
Administrative Support, Compliance, & Quality Assurance
- Provide administrative support for fellowship recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding processes.
- Assist in the preparation and archiving of program documentation, including reports and compliance documents.
- Assist in development of best practice policies for the TH team.
- Monitor the effectiveness of operational processes and recommend improvements.
- Conduct regular reviews of operational performance metrics and prepare reports for the leadership team.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or related field is required.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in operations, compliance, and project management, preferably within non-profit, education, or government sectors.
- Experience in managing federally funded programs and understanding of federal compliance requirements is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing operational policies and procedures.
- Experience in contract management and navigating internal approval processes.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong project management skills, with proficiency in using project management tools to track timelines, deliverables, and milestones.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills to identify operational challenges and provide effective solutions.
- Solid understanding of budget management and resource allocation, with the ability to work closely with finance teams to adhere to budgetary guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to act as a liaison between internal teams and external stakeholders, and convey operational updates effectively.
- Proficiency in drafting contracts and ensuring compliance with internal and external guidelines.
- Ability to monitor, evaluate, and recommend improvements to operational processes based on performance metrics and quality assurance reviews.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage human resources, recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding processes for a sizable team.
Compensation ranges from $70,000 – $100,000 and is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience.
Don’t check off every box? Apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. At FAS we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and developing new voices. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway – you might just be the right candidate.
The Federation of American Scientists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Federation of American Scientists prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
FAS is looking to fill this position quickly. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Early submission will ensure your application receives full consideration.Apply for this position