This exciting new role at the Federation of American Scientists (FAS) is an essential part of our dynamic team, focusing on the day-to-day management of administrative tasks, facility operations, and database maintenance within our organization. As the Operations Associate, you will be responsible for managing IT equipment and computer orders, maintaining and optimizing various software systems including Salesforce, Asana, Zoom, and Microsoft tools, as well as managing supplies, purchases, onboarding setups, collaboration with IT service providers, equipment setup for personnel, inventory management, and overall office management. Moreover, you will play a central role in overseeing office operations, which includes responsibilities such as procuring and maintaining office and kitchen supplies and equipment, ensuring the upkeep of office and kitchen areas, coordinating facility maintenance and ergonomic considerations. You will be a vital member of our Operations team and will report directly to the Chief Finance Officer.
At the Federation of American Scientists, we foster a culture of innovation and growth, driven by a deep commitment to making a positive impact on our colleagues, clients, and the global community. The Operations Associate, as a vital member of our Operations Team, plays a pivotal role in expanding our organizational effectiveness. In this capacity, you will focus on optimizing our day-to-day operations and facilitating seamless processes. Your contributions will play a direct role in driving our organization’s growth and ensuring the long-term sustainability of The Federation of American Scientists.
What you’ll do (Core responsibilities)
- Manage IT and computer orders, ensuring efficient procurement and setup of equipment.
- Maintain system applications and software: Salesforce, Asana, Zoom, and Microsoft.
- Supervise supplies management and purchases to ensure smooth office operations.
- Facilitate onboarding setup for new team members, ensuring they have the necessary equipment and access.
- Coordinate with IT providers to address technical needs and issues.
- Ensure proper inventory management and accountability.
- Oversee general office management and maintenance to create a comfortable and efficient working environment.
Skills and Experience (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in office administration, facilities management, and database administration.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in IT and computer systems, including software applications.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and communicate with IT providers.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and resourcefulness.
- A problem-solving orientation and demonstrated ability to do what it takes to get the job done.
Nice to haves
- Experience with facilities management and office layout optimization.
- Familiarity with inventory tracking and asset management software.
- Knowledge of best practices in IT procurement and vendor management.
- Previous involvement in coordinating office moves or renovations.
This position will be a hybrid role, meaning that both remote and in-person work can be accommodated, generally two to three days per week on-site, and two to three days per week remote.
- $60,000 – $70,000
Don’t check off every box? Apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. At FAS we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and developing new voices. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway – you might just be the right candidate.
The Federation of American Scientists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Federation of American Scientists prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.