Manager, Grants and Development
This exciting new position at the Federation of American Scientists (FAS) will serve as an integral part of a dynamic team responsible for developing and maintaining ongoing partnerships with institutional funders and donors. The Manager, Grants and Development will forge new relationships to build support for FAS’ core programming and work collaboratively with program staff to pursue opportunities aligned to the organization’s strategic priorities across the science policy, technology and innovation, and entrepreneurship portfolios. The individual will serve as a member of the Strategy & Outreach team and report to the Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships.
At the Federation of American Scientists (FAS), we believe in embracing a growth oriented and entrepreneurial mindset to drive impact for our colleagues, our customers and the world. The Manager, Grants and Development will work as part of the Strategy and Outreach vertical and play a key role in strengthening the overall fundraising capacity of FAS.
What you’ll do:
- Core Responsibilities include:
- Owns the grant writing process, from concept paper development, to grant submission, to funder management and reporting, for at least three of FAS’ core programmatic domains – science policy, technology and innovation, and entrepreneurship
- Ensures grants are strategic, aligned, actionable, and clear to support FAS
- Executes on stewardship plans for current funders – works to mobilize FAS leadership and technical experts to cultivate and grow these relationships
- Conducts prospect analysis to identify, cultivate and secure new philanthropic resources aligned to FAS’ priorities
- Support philanthropic engagement initiatives aimed at fostering critical cross-sector connections that promote the progress of science
Skills and Experience (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior professional experience of 5 to 8 years in a nonprofit organization in a development function
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated experience having expanded and cultivated existing funder and/or donor relationships over time
- Strong organization and project management skills; a demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight while also contributing as a team player
- Passion for FAS’ mission is essential
This position will be a hybrid role, meaning that both remote and in-person work can be accommodated, generally two to three days per week on-site, and two to three days per week remote.
- $70,000 – $90,000
Don’t check off every box? Apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. At FAS we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and developing new voices. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway – you might just be the right candidate.
The Federation of American Scientists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Federation of American Scientists prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.