Executive Assistant to the CEO
FAS is hiring an Executive Assistant to support the CEO. An organized self-starter will provide excellent administrative support to the CEO for the primary purpose of maximizing efficiency and effectiveness of the CEO and the senior leadership team.
What you’ll do:
- Assist CEO in daily activity and priority tracking, including responding to emails and creating priority tasks based upon email communications, and tracking the CEO’s action items from meetings to include in daily briefings and/ or for the CEO task list.
- Manage the CEO’s schedule and meeting needs – providing a daily schedule with all necessary materials for the next day’s meetings and schedule conference calls and meetings (internally and externally).
- Draft correspondence and other documents at the direction of the CEO assuring timely responses to internal and external inquiries and requests.
- Determine priority of matters of attention for CEO; redirect matters to staff to handle, or handle matters personally, as appropriate, ensuring the efficiency and productivity of the entire organization.
- Work collaboratively across FAS to prepare high-quality materials and presentations for the CEO, as well as create a process to help staff understand how to work with this role.
- Organize and maintain files, records and correspondence both online (i.e., CRM and easily accessible files) and physical files.
- Handles all issues related to the CEO’s financial reimbursements including resolving any issues that may arise.
- Assists with special projects and various administrative and clerical duties (i.e., booking travel and accommodations) as requested by the senior leadership team.
- Maintains superior relations with key stakeholders including Board members, current/ prospective funders, external partners, senior leadership and staff.
- Provides office management support for Operations Director, such as ensuring the office is presentable, equipment is in good working order, supplies and kitchen are appropriately stocked, and ordering staff catering occasionally.
Qualifications you’ll need:
The FAS team is seeking an entrepreneurial, ambitious, and resourceful individual who is comfortable in a lean and agile environment, and has previous job experience in a similar dynamic setting. Specifically, FAS seeks a candidate who has/is:
- At least 5-7 years of administrative and related experience
- Previous experience working in a non-profit organization a plus
- Exemplary attention to detail and a customer service focused mindset
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Is highly flexible; skilled at and eager to manage evolving priorities
- Excels at planning, organizing, and carrying out multiple activities with competing deadlines
- Has a proven track record of anticipating the needs of executives
- Is proactive and likes learning new skills on the go when needed
- Is a motivated self-starter who works independently and thinks outside the box, looking for creative ways to take action
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Enjoys building relationships and working with people
- Proficient in Asana, Google Workspace Tools, Salesforce, and video conferencing platforms (i.e. Zoom)
The Federation of American Scientists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Federation of American Scientists prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
FAS looking to fill this position quickly. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Early submission will ensure your application receives full consideration.
To apply, please click the “Apply for this position” button and fill out all of the required details. Please ensure to attach a resume and cover letter in the associated boxes.
Don’t check off every box? Apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every listed qualification. At FAS we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and developing new voices. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway – you might just be the right candidate.