China Electronics Corporation [CEC]
Address: 27 Wanshuo Road, Beijing 100846
Tlx: 22383 MEI CN
Fax: 821-3745, 822-1835
The China Electronics Corporation, subordinated to the Ministry of Electronics Industry (MEI) develops radars, tracking stations (telemetering, remote control, and monitoring), telecommunications stations, and onboard space electronics.
The principal missile and space related enterprises are
NWIEE, created in 1978, has produced more than 7,200 antennae ranging between 0.75 and 25 meters in diameter. Intalled in China, Russia, the United States, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Myanmar, and Vietnam, they serve the Intelsat, Inmarsat, and Asiasat systems.
- Institute 10 at Chengdu [Southwest Institute of Electronics Technology - SWIET] employs 2,200 persons
- Institute 14 at Nanjing [Nanjing Research Inst. of Electronics Technology - NRIET] employs 5,500 persons
- Institute 18 [Tianjin Institute of Power Sources -TIPS] produces solar panel batteries
- Institute 54 at Shijiazhuang employs 4,000 persons
- Northwest Institute of Electronic Equipment (NWIEE) at Xian has 1,870 employees.
- Institute 504 [Xiang Institute of Space Radio Technology - XISRT] develops payloads for application satellites.
Sources and Resources
- "Chinese Space Industry's Ambitions" by Christian Lardier AIR & COSMOS / AVIATION INTERNATIONAL, 25 Oct 96 pp 36-37
Maintained by Webmaster
Updated Wednesday, June 17, 1998 6:30:43 AM