First Deputy Minister --- BRINDIKOV, Aleksandr (Nezavisimoye
Voyennoye Obozreniye, 25 Jan 02; Rossiyskaya Gazeta, 12 Nov 03).
First Deputy Minister --- KIRPICHNIKOV, M.P.
(http://mp.it-group.ru/ 2 May 03).
First Deputy Minister --- SVINARENKO, A.G.
(http://mp.it-group.ru/ 2 May 03).
Deputy Minister --- SAFRONOV, Leonid (Agentstvo Voyennykh
Novostey, 29 Jan 01)
General Director --- KOPTEV, Yuriy (Nezavisimaya Gazeta, 22
May 01, PP 1, 2).
Russian Agency for (RASU) top
- ["MOSCOW. March 18 (Interfax-AVN) - Seventeen integrated
companies will be set up in the framework of the Russian Control Systems
Agency, . . . Ten large integrated companies comprising about 200
enterprises and organizations operate within the framework of the agency,
. . . Another 17 integrated companies will be established in accordance
with the "Restructuring and Development of the Defense Industry
(2002-2006)" federal purpose-oriented program endorsed by the government
on October 11, 2001. Follows the list of the enterprises to be
established: Sozvezdiye JSP, Pleshakov research and production
association, Kompyuternye Tekhnologii consortium, Krasnaya Zarya
consortium, Granit interstate financial and industrial group, Radiopribor
consortium, Air Defense Consortium JSO, Komponent instrument- engineering
consortium, Satellite, Tropospheric and Radio-Relay Communication
consortium, Sistemy Upravleniya JSO, Aviation and Telecommunication
Systems JSO, Vega-M radio-engineering consortium, Navigation and Time
Information Technologies JSO, Radar corporation of radio-location and
instrument engineering, Ruselektronika NV JSO, Skala radio-location
consortium, and RKO federal state-owned unitary enterprises"
(Agentstvo Voyennykh Novostey, 18 Mar 02).]
Director General --- KOZLOV,
Gennadiy, appointed (Krasnaya Zvezda, 26 Nov 02).
Russia Agency for top
General Director --- NOZDRACHEV, Aleksandr Vasil'yevich
(Agentstvo voyennykh novostey, 11 Apr
00; RIA Novosti, 27 Jun 02).
First Deputy Director
--- Rychkov, Valeriy (Agentstvo Voyennykh Novostey 14 Jun 01).
Deputy General Director --- POTAPOV, A. (Íîâîñòè-online (Ðåãèîí-Èíôîðì-Ìîñêâà)
28 Oct 2002).
Deputy General Director --- KUTIN, Nikolay (Krasnaya Zvezda,
14 November 03).
Munitions Agency, Russian (ROSBOEPRIPASY) top
in Russia the implementation of the Convention on the Prohibition of
Chemical Weapons." (ITAR-TASS 7 Feb 01).]
Defence Ministry transferred control over all chemical weapons arsenals to
the federal department on safe stockpiling and destruction of chemical
weapons under the Russian Munitions Agency"(Agentstvo Voyennykh
Novostey 8 Jun 01).]
Director-General --- KHOLSTOV, Viktor, Col-Gen. He had been commander of the country's
Radiation, Chemical and Bacteriological Defense Department at the Russian
Defense Ministry. Appointed 21
April 2003 (ITAR-TASS, 23 Apr 03).
Director was PAK, Zinovy Petrovich (Agentstvo Voyennykh Novostey 6 Feb 01)
was "relieved of his duties as Rosboepripasy Director-General in
connection with his retirement on a pension" (ITAR-TASS, 23 Apr 03).]
First Deputy Director-General --- Kalinin, Andrey
Anatolyevich (rav-rf.ru/ 2 May 03)
Deputy Director --- General - Secretary of State: --- Kulebyakin,
Vyacheslav Nikolayevich (rav-rf.ru/ 2 May
Deputy Director --- General: --- Singayevskiy, Vasiliy
Nikolayevich (rav-rf.ru/ 2 May 03)
Deputy Director --- ORLOV, Vladimir, Lt-Gen (appointed, Agentstvo
Voyennykh Novostey, 28 Nov 03).
- Orlov: born
in the Smolensk region in 1947. Graduated from the Timoshenko Military Chemical Protection Academy in 1977. Held various positions in the Armed
Forces. Deputy commander of the Chemical Troops. Doctor of military sciences and a professor. Prior to the
appointment, Orlov's position was vacant (Agentstvo Voyennykh Novostey,
28 Nov 03).
Head of the "Department for the Conventional Aspects of Chemical and
Biological Weapons --- Garbovskiy, Aleksandr (Interfax, 10 Mar 02).
Russian Munitions Agency Functions (http://www.rav-rf.ru/ 2 May 03)
The Russian Munitions Agency performs functions of a state
customer for work on destruction of chemical weapons, liquidation or conversion
of facilities for production of chemical weapons, including organization and
carrying out works on safety stockpiling of chemical weapons (Resolution of
the Government of the Russian Federation of November 21, 2000, No 1644-ð), as
well as functions, previously performed by the Ministry of Economy of the
Russian Federation and abolished Committee on Conventional Problems of
Chemical and Biological Weapons under the President of the Russian Federation
(Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation of August 6, 1999, No
906), as follows:
• working-out and execution of a programme of development of scientific and
technological potential, coordination and government regulation of activities
of enterprises and organizations on elaboration, production, repair and waste
recovery of components of munitions, ordnance and military engineering and
blasting materials of civil assignment;
• performing functions of a National Authority for fulfillment of obligations
under the Convention on the Prohibition of Development, Production,
Stockpiling and Use of Chemical Weapons and on their Destruction, interaction
with Organization on Prohibition of Chemical Weapons and other States Parties
of the Convention;
• performing national control over fulfillment of international treaties in
the area of prohibitions of chemical and biological weapons, legislative and
other normative legal acts on the territory of the Russian Federation;
• participation in international cooperation on conventional problems of chemical
and biological weapons;
• organization of research and development works in creating of means and
methods for national control in the field of prohibition of chemical and
• organization of development and fulfillment of measures on broad
application of technologies of double assignment in military and civil
production at enterprises of munitions industry and special chemistry;
• working-out a State Defense Order and State Armament Programme, including
carrying-out scientific and development works in the field of elaboration of
modern armament and military engineering, preparation of its serial
production, creation of necessary test and stand basis, as well as
fulfillment of these programmes in cooperation with the Ministry of Defense
of the Russian Federation and other state customers;
• execution of works, providing the performance of Convention obligations in
the field of prohibition of the development, production, stockpiling and use
of chemical and biological weapons;
• performance of functions of the customer of development and manufacture of
civil products, in particular using extrabudgetary sources of financing;
• conclusion of agreements on performance of international programmes with
foreign partners according the legislation of the Russian Federation and
within jurisdiction of the Agency;
• organization of external economic activities of organizations, governed by
the Agency, involved in development and production of samples of armament,
military engineering and their components, products of civil and double
• carrying-out works on standartization, unification and catologization of
production of ammunitions industry and special chemistry according to the
legislation of the Russian Federation;
• organization of works on certification of products as well as systems for
management quality of production of enterprises and organizations of
ammunitions industry and special chemistry in accordance with legislation of
the Russian Federation;
• licensing of activities relevant to elaboration, production, repair and
waste recovery of munitions industry output;
• licensing of activities related with handling toxic chemicals, wastes of CW
stockpiling, transportation and destruction of chemical weapons;
• regulation of the turnover of blasting materials of civil assignment;
support of development and performance of measures on mobilization
preparation and civil defence at enterprises and organizations governed by
• participation in arranging of works on industrial utilization and
destruction of deduced from exploitation conventional kinds of ammunitions
and chemical weapons, as well as in destruction or conversion of former
facilities of thir production;
• involvement together with the Ministry of Economy of the Russian Federation
in competitive selection of investment programs for conversion of enterprises
and organizations, as well as high effective projects, requiring government's
support and guarantees, control over their implementation and in accordance
with the established order.
Departments (http://www.rav-rf.ru/ 2 May 03)
• Department on Convention Problems of Chemical and Biological Weapons
• Department on Forming, Financing and Fulfillment of State Defense Order
• Department on Technological problems of Chemical Weapons Destruction
• Combined Depertment on Formation and Fulfillment of State Order
• Department on Industrial Safety
• Department on Economic and Military Technical Cooperation
• Department on Government Service, Administrative Work and Personnel Policy
• Department on Protection of State Secrets
• Productive-Economic Department
• Finance Department
• Department on Accounting
• Department of Mobilization Preparation
Subordinate Enterprises [Rosboyepripasy]
- Sibselmash Production
- Iskra Mechanical Plant
- Kometa Federal State Unitary
- Luch Science and Production
- Kuybyshev Chemical Plant
- Institute of Applied Physics
Open Joint-Stock Company (Kommersant 20 Jul 02 p 5).
Federal Department for the Safe Storage and
Destruction of Chemical Weapons [Rosboyepripasy]
adopted by the RF Government. The regulation defines the department as
"a state institution conducting chemical disarmament under the
Agency's supervision. The
functions performed by the department cover safe storage, transportation
and destruction of chemical weapons; prevention and liquidation of
emergencies at facilities used for the storage and destruction of chemical
weapons and also arrangement of ecologically safe storage, transportation
and destruction of chemical stockpiles." (ITAR-TASS 8 Feb 01)]
Chief --- KAPASHIN,
Valeriy, Lieutenant-General (Nezavisimaya Gazeta in Russian 24 Apr 03).
Deputy Head --- KONDAKOV, Igor', (Agentstvo Voyennykh Novostey, 12 Nov 02).
Weapons Destruction Facilities
Weapons Arsenal (Village of Kizner)
- Udmurtia (Moscow Mayak Radio Network in Russian 0514 GMT 30 Jul 93).
Weapons Arsenal, (Village of Kambarka)
(Moscow Mayak Radio Network in Russian 0514 GMT 30 Jul 93). (Rossiyskaya Gazeta 15 Jan 94 First Edition p
3). Said to hold approximately 6500 tons of weapons, (Kommersant-Daily 18
Aug 95 p 4).
Weapons Arsenal, (Settlement of Gornyy)
- Saratov Oblast, (Rossiyskaya Gazeta 15 Jan 94
First Edition p 3).
Weapons Arsenal, (City of Shchuchye)
- Kurgan Oblast, (Rossiyskaya Gazeta 15 Jan 94 First
Edition p 3).
- ["The Shchuchye arsenal is the biggest for
it comprises 13.6 percent of Russia's total stocks. It contains ammo of the tube
and missile artillery, missile warheads equipped with nerve agents such
as Sarin, Soman and VX as well as with asphyxiants like phosgene"
(Agentstvo Voyennykh Novostey, 8 Jun 01).
Weapons Arsenal, (City of Pochep)
- Bryansk Oblast, (Rossiyskaya Gazeta 15 Jan 94 First
Edition p 3).
Chemical Weapons Arsenal, (Settlement of
- Penza Oblast, (Rossiyskaya Gazeta 15 Jan 94
First Edition p 3).
Weapons Arsenal, (Settlement of Maradykovskiy)
Vysokotochnoye Oruzhiye (Precision-Guided
Weapons) Holding Company [?]
- (Agentstvo Voyennykh
Novostey, 13 Jan 03).