Background and Threat Assessments
- 2011 Report on Terrorism, National Counterterrorism Center, June 2012
- 2008 Report on Terrorism, National Counterterrorism Center, April 30, 2009
- National Strategy for Combating Terrorism, The White House, September 2006
- "Dirty Bomb" Attack: Assessing New York City's Level of Preparedness from a First Responder's Perspective by John Sudnik, March 2006
- National Strategy to Combat Terrorist Travel, National Counterterrorism Center, May 2, 2006
- Report on Incidents of Terrorism 2005, National Counterterrorism Center, April 11, 2006
- A Military Guide to Terrorism in the Twenty-First Century, U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command, 15 August 2005
- A Chronology of Significant International Terrorism for 2004, National Counterterrorism Center, April 29, 2005 (2.8 MB PDF file)
- Defender's Edge: Utilizing Intelligent Agent Technology To Anticipate Terrorist Acts by L. B. Scheiber, Institute for Defense Analyses, June 2003
- 2003 Report to Congress on Combatting Terrorism, Office of Management and Budget, September 2003
- 2002 Report to Congress on Combatting Terrorism, Office of Management and Budget, September 2001
- National Strategy for Combating Terrorism, National Security Council, February 14, 2003
- Significant Terrorist Incidents, 1961-2003: A Brief Chronology, Department of State, March 2004.
- FBI: Most Wanted Terrorists, October 10, 2001.
- Countering the Threat of International Terrorism, Report of the National Commission on Terrorism, June 2000.
- US Government Interagency Domestic Terrorism Concept of Operations Plan, January 2001.
Installation Preparedness for Weapons of Mass Destruction, Installation Commander's Blueprint, U.S. Army, May 2001
- Will Duct Tape and Plastic Really Work? Issues Related To Expedient Shelter-In-Place, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, August 2001
- Report of the DoD Commission on the USS Cole, January 9, 2001. (PDF Version)
- Terrorist Organizations and Other Para-State Entities (FAS)
- The Sociology and Psychology of Terrorism: Who Becomes a Terrorist and Why?, Federal Research Division, Library of Congress, September 1999.
- Public Report of the Vice President's Task Force on Combatting Terrorism, February 1986
September 11 and the Aftermath
- Steps Taken to Combat Terrorism, US Report to the United Nations Security Council Counterrorism Committee, December 19, 2001
- Transcript of Usama bin Laden Videotape, released December 13, 2001
- Indictment of Zacarias Moussaoui for conspiracy to commit terrorism, released December 11, 2001.
- Striking Afghanistan: Selected Pentagon Imagery
- UK Report on Responsibility for the September 11 Terrorist Attacks issued by the Office of the Prime Minister, updated November 14. "Usama Bin Laden and Al Qaida, the terrorist network which he heads, planned and carried out the atrocities on 11 September 2001."
- Legislative Measures to Improve America's Counterterrorism Programs, hearing before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, September 24.
- Executive Order on Terrorist Financing, White House fact sheet, September 24.
- President Bush Addresses a Joint Session of Congress, September 20.
- Treasury Dept Has Begun Financial Profiles of Suspected Terrorists, Dept of the Treasury press statement, September 18.
- President Bush Declares a National Emergency, September 14
- Congressional Resolution Authorizing Use of Force Against Those Responsible for Recent Attacks Against the United States, September 14
- Senate Floor Debate on the "Combating Terrorism Act of 2001", September 13.
Patterns of Global Terrorism
Report submitted by the State Department Office of the Coordinator for Counterterrorism in compliance with Title 22 of the United States Code, Section 2656f(a), which requires the Department of State to provide Congress a full and complete annual report on terrorism for those countries and groups meeting the criteria of Section (a)(1) and (2) of the Act.
The Inman Report - Report of the Secretary of State's Advisory Panel on Overseas Security
Khobar Towers incident and Force Protection activities
Created by John Pike
Maintained by Steven Aftergood
Modified June 6, 2012