M430 HEDP (high-explosive, dual-purpose)
The HEDP (high-explosive, dual-purpose) M430 cartridge, joined with M16A2 links, is the standard
round for the MK 19. The impact-type round penetrates 2 inches of steel armor at 0-degree obliquity and
inflicts personnel casualties in the target area. This round is packed in an M548 ammunition container (48
rounds, linked, in each container). It is olive drab with a yellow ogive and yellow markings. It has a PIBD,
M549 fuze, and Comp B filler. It arms between 18 to 30 meters and has a casualty radius of 15 meters.
- Identification-Olive drab with yellow-olive and yellow markings.
- Fuze-Point initiating, base detonating (PIBD) M549.
- Filler-Composition B.
- Arming distance-18 to 30 meters.
- Kill radius-Approximately 5 meters.
- Maximum range-2,200 meters.
- Wound radius-Approximately 15 meters.
- Maximum effective range-1,500 meters.
Sources and Resources
Maintained by Robert Sherman
Originally created by John Pike
Updated Saturday, January 09, 1999 10:34:22 AM