CIA - Speeches, Testimony and Other Products Archive
CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
Selected Speeches, Reports, and Other Products
CREST (CIA Records Search Tool) at the National Archives
- User's Manual for the CIA Records Search Tool (CREST) - 2003 Edition, September 30, 2003
- CIA-NARA Memorandum of Understanding, November 5, 1999
- CIA Transfer of Computer Equipment to NARA, September 21, 1999
- Usage of CIA Scanned Images at NARA, January 10, 2001
- NARA Brochure on CREST, Spring 2005
- CREST Executive Overview (2008), August 5, 2008
- CREST User Training (2008), August 5, 2008
- North Korea: Assessing the Impact of Flooding on Agricultural Output, CIA Open Source Works, 15 December 2010
- Russia: Security Concerns About Iran's Space Program Growing, CIA Open Source Works, 16 November 2010
- Pakistan Leadership Watch: October 2010, November 8, 2010
- Procedures Used in Narcotics Airbridge Denial Program in Peru, 1995-2001 (redacted), CIA Inspector General report, August 25, 2008 (released November 2010)
- The Likelihood of the Acquisition of Nuclear Weapons by Foreign Terrorist Groups for Use Against the United States, United States Intelligence Board, Interagency Intelligence Memorandum, 8 January 1976
- Counterterrorism Detention and Interrogation Activities (September 2001 - October 2003), CIA Inspector General Report 2003-7123-IG, 7 May 2004 (redacted), as released August 24, 2009
- History of the Foreign Broadcast Information Service, Part I, 1941-1947, by Joseph E. Roop, Center for the Study of Intelligence, 1969
- A Tradecraft Primer: Structured Analytic Techniques for Improving Intelligence Analysis, March 2009
- Vietnam Histories, released March 12, 2009
Clandestine Services History
- Remarks of CIA Director Hayden at the Council on Foreign Relations, September 7, 2007
- Inspector General Report on CIA Accountability With Respect to the 9/11 Attacks, June 2005, declassified executive summary, released August 21, 2007
- Remarks of CIA Director Hayden on Current Declassification Activities, June 21, 2007
- Castro's Cuba Today (1966), Current Intelligence Weekly Special Report, 30 September 1966 (declassified October 2006)
- DCI Porter Goss Addresses CIA Employees, September 24, 2004
- President's Daily Brief, 25 April 1967, declassified 10 December 2004
- Acquisition of Technology Relating to Weapons of Mass Destruction and Advanced Conventional Munitions, 1 July Through 31 December 2003, Unclassified DCI Report to Congress, November 2004
- Bin Ladin Preparing to Hijack US Aircraft and Other Attacks, excerpt from the President's Daily Brief, December 4, 1998 (declassified for the report of the 9/11 Commission, July 2004)
- Remarks by Deputy Director for Operations James L. Pavitt at the Foreign Policy Association 21 June 2004
- Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US, excerpt from the President's Daily Brief, 6 August 2001 (declassified and released on 10 April 2004) (White House Fact Sheet) (White House Background Briefing, April 10, 2004)
- DDI's State of Analysis Speech, Jami Miscik, February 11, 2004
- DCI Tenet on Iraq and Weapons of Mass Destruction, speech at Georgetown University, February 5, 2004
- Intelligence for a New Era in American Foreign Policy, Center for the Study of Intelligence Conference Report, January 2004 (1.3 MB PDF)
- The Darker Bioweapons Future, report of the Office of Transnational Issues, November 3, 2003
- Statement on the Interim Progress Report on the Activities of the Iraq Survey Group, presented by David Kay, October 2, 2003.
- Nations Hospitable to Organized Crime and Terrorism, Federal Research Division of the Library of Congress by arrangement with the DCI Crime and Narcotics Center, October 2003
- DCI Statement on the 2002 NIE on Iraq's WMD Programs, news release, August 11, 2003
- Key Judgments: Iraq's Continuing Programs for Weapons of Mass Destruction, declassified excerpts from an October 2002 National Intelligence Estimate, released July 18, 2003
- Terrorist and Organized Crime Groups in the Tri-Border Area (TBA) of South America, Federal Research Division of the Library of Congress by arrangement with the DCI Crime and Narcotics Center, July 2003
- Intelligence Assessment - Iraqi Mobile Biological Warfare Agent Production Plants, May 28, 2003
- Acquisition of Technology Relating to Weapons of Mass Destruction and Advanced Conventional Munitions, 1 January Through 30 June 2002, Unclassified Report to Congress from the Director of Central Intelligence, April 2003
- Predicting the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan: The Intelligence Community's Record by Douglas MacEachin, Center for the Study of Intelligence Monograph, published March 2003
- Putting Noncombatants at Risk: Saddam's Use of "Human Shields", February 26, 2003
- Acquisition of Technology Relating to Weapons of Mass Destruction and Advanced Conventional Munitions, 1 July Through 31 December 2001, Unclassified Report to Congress from the Director of Central Intelligence, January 2003
- Long-Term Global Demographic Trends: Reshaping the Geopolitical Landscape, July 2001 (2.5 MB PDF file).
- Address by Assistant DCI John C. Gannon to the National Security Telecommunications and Information Systems Security Committee, 3 April 2001.
- Strategic Investment Plan for Intelligence Community Analysis, ADCI/AP 2000-01 (3 MB PDF file) [HTML version]
- CIA Factbook on Intelligence, updated 2001.
- Remarks by the Deputy Director of Central Intelligence, John E. McLaughlin, to Texas A&M Conference "North Korea: Engagement or Confrontation," 17 April 2001
- Remarks by DCI Tenet opening the Conference on CIA's Analysis of the Soviet Union, 1947-1991, Princeton University, March 8, 2001.
- Acquisition of Technology Relating to Weapons of Mass Destruction and Advanced Conventional Munitions, 1 January Through 30 June 2000, Unclassified Report to Congress from the Director of Central Intelligence, February 2001
- A Message from the CIA Inspector General, final observations from outgoing CIA IG Britt Snider, January 19.
- Volume II: The Contra Story - ALLEGATIONS OF CONNECTIONS BETWEEN CIA AND THE CONTRAS IN COCAINE TRAFFICKING
TO THE UNITED STATES (96-0143-IG) October 8, 1998
- Key Judgments -- National Intelligence Estimate 98-03, Vietnamese Intentions, Capabilities and Performance Concerning the POW/MIA Issue DECLASSIFIED AND RELEASED August 27, 1998
- Intelligence Challenges for the Next Generation --
Remarks by John C. Gannon Chairman, National Intelligence Council to the World Affairs Council Washington, D.C. June 4, 1998
- Collection Management Responses to the Jeremiah Report, 24 August 1998
- Declassified Documents Associated with the Jeremiah Report, 22 June 1998
- Jeremiah News Conference -- 02 June 1998 --
The identification of the Indian nuclear test preparations posed a difficult collection problem and a difficult analytical problem. In addition, they took pains to avoid any
characteristics that they may have learned were of value to us, and the test preparations they made in 1995/96. I suppose my bottom line is that both the intelligence and the policy communities had an underlying mindset going into these tests that the BJP would behave as we behave.
Allegations of Connections Between CIA and The Contras in Cocaine Trafficking to the United States (96-0143-IG) Volume I: The Califormia Story Office of Inspector General Investigations Staff REPORT OF INVESTIGATION January 29, 1998
- CURRENT AND PROJECTED NATIONAL SECURITY THREATS TO THE UNITED STATES AND ITS
INTERESTS ABROAD 28 January 1997 - Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
George Tenet Director of Central Intelligence
- December 4 - Remarks by John E. Mclaughlin -- Before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- November 20 - DDI John Gannon -- An The Outlook for China: A CIA Perspective, Worcester, Massachusetts
- November 1 - CIA Executive Director Statement on Persian Gulf Veterans Illnesses
- October 26 - DDI John Gannon Before the Central Intelligence Retirees Association, Clearwater Beach, Florida
- September 5 - DCI John Deutch to Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- July 25 - DCI John Deutch to the World Affairs Council in Los Angeles, California
- July 10 - DDI John Gannon Speech to the Boston Committee on Foreign Relations
- June 25 - DCI John Deutch Testimony to the U.S. Senate Committee on Governmental Affairs; Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- May 23 - DCI John Deutch Speech at the Conference on Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Weapons Proliferation and Terrorism.
- May 22 - DCI John Deutch Speech to the ARPATech '96 18th S&T Symposium, Atlanta, Georgia on the Future of the National Reconnaissance Program.
- May 15 - Speech by CIA Executive Director, Nora Slatkin to the Chicago Council on Foreign Relations on Women in CIA.
- May 1 - Response by DCI John Deutch to the New York Times.
- March 27 - Statement for the Record by Dr. Gordon C. Oehler, Director, Nonproliferation Center to the Senate Armed Services Committee.
- March 20 - DCI John M. Deutch Open Testimony before the Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations of the Senate Committee on Government Affairs.
- March 20 - DDI John Gannon Speech before the World Affairs Council in San Diego, CA.
- February 22 - DCI John M. Deutch brief to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence on the Worldwide Threat Assessment.
- January 31 - David Carey Testimony before the House International Relations Committee.
Created by John Pike
Maintained by Steven Aftergood
Updated December 15, 2011