2002 WMD Response Program News
- 15 March 2002 - The Missile Defense Agency (MDA) announced today it has successfully completed a test involving a planned intercept of an intercontinental ballistic missile target.
- 13 March 2002 - The United States will conduct its sixth ballistic missile defense test March 15 at a test range over the Pacific Ocean, according to the
- 27 February 2002 - Statement of Lieutenant General Ronald T. Kadish, USAF Director, Missile Defense Agency: Fiscal Year 2003 Budget Joint Hearing Before the Procurement and Research adn Development Subcommittee, House Armed Services Committee.
- 10 January 2002: National Intelligence Estimate PDF or HTML: Foreign Missile Development and the Ballistic Missile Threat Through 2015.
- 10 January 2002: Boeing and Lockheed Martiin Corp, will be allocated a primary role in the integration of the multiple missile defense projects. The Wall Street Journal reports that Boeing will take the lead in integration the approximately dozen missile defense systems and Lockheed Martin will take the lead in the construction of a single, computerized battle-management system. (Wall Stree Journal)
- 9 January 2002 Nuclear Posture Review Report Unclassified Summary - The Congress directed the Defense Department to conduct a comprehensive Nuclear Posture Review to lay out the direction for American nuclear forces over the next five to ten years. PDF slides from presentation.
- 4 January 2002 Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld announced this
week the redesignation of the Ballistic Missile Defense Organization (BMDO) as the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
Maintained by Robert Sherman