JOINT DOCTRINE FOR
NUCLEAR, BIOLOGICAL, AND
CHEMICAL (NBC) DEFENSE,br> 15 April 1994
OFFICE OF THE CHAIRMAN
THE JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20318-0001
Reply ZIP Code: Joint Pub 3-11 20318-0400 15 April 1994
MEMORANDUM FOR: Distribution List
Subject: Joint Pub 3-11, "Joint Doctrine for Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical (NBC) Defense"
1. This publication has been prepared under the direction of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. It sets forth doctrine and military guidance to govern the joint activities and performance of the Armed Forces of the United States.
2. Recommendations for changes to this publication should be submitted to the Director for Operational Plans and Interoperability (J-7), 7000 Joint Staff Pentagon, Washington, D.C. 20318-7000.
3. When a Joint Staff directorate submits a proposal to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff that would change source document information reflected in this publication, that directorate will include a proposed change to this publication as an enclosure to its proposal.
4. The Military Services and other organizations are requested to notify the Director, J-7, Joint Staff, when changes to source documents reflected in this publication are initiated.
5. Additional copies of this publication can be obtained through Service publication centers.
6. Local reproduction is authorized and access to unclassified publications is unrestricted. However, access to and reproduction authorization for classified joint publications must be in accordance with DOD Regulation 5200.1-R.
7. Only approved pubs and test pubs are releasable outside the combatant commands, Services, and Joint Staff. Release of any joint publication to foreign governments or foreign nationals must be requested through the local embassy (Defense Attache Officer) to DIA Foreign Liaison Branch, C-AS1, Room 1A674, Pentagon Washington, D.C. 20301-6111.
8. The lead agent for this publication is the Chief of Staff, US Army.
9. The Joint Staff doctrine sponsor for this publication is the Director, J-5, Strategic Plans and Policy.For the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff:
T. R. PATRICK Colonel, USA Secretary, Joint Staff
By Secretary, Joint Staff:
Joint Staff OSD NSA CIA DMA USELEMNORAD FEMA DISA DIA DLA JWFC/DD DNA NDU MCCDC JEWC AFSC CIO DISA-JIEO
Additional copies may be obtained from the Secretary, Joint Staff (Documents Division).
Five copies each to: Offices of CSA, CNO, CSAF, CMC, USCG
Twenty-five copies each to:
USACOM USCENTCOM USEUCOM USPACOM USSOUTHCOM USSPACECOM USSOCOM USSTRATCOM USTRANSCOM
Additional copies should be obtained from the Military Service assigned administrative support responsibility by DOD Directive 5100.3, 1 November 1988, "Support of the Headquarters of Unified, Specified, and Subordinate Joint Commands."
By Military Services:
Army: US Army AG Publication Center 2800 Eastern Boulevard Baltimore, MD 21220-2898
Air Force: Air Force Publications Distribution Center 2800 Eastern Boulevard Baltimore, MD 21220-2896
Navy: CO, Navy Aviation Supply Office Distribution Division (Code 03443) 5801 Tabor Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19120-5000
Marine Corps: Marine Corps Logistics Base Albany, GA 31704-5000
Coast Guard: Coast Guard Headquarters, COMDT (G-REP) 2100 2nd Street, SW Washington, D.C. 20593-0001