Other Military Space Program Guides
- National Security Space Road Map Office of the National Security Space Architect (NSSA) March/July 1999 This Road Map is one component of a larger master plan envisioned by the NSS Architect (NSSA). The NSS Master Plan documents the NSS Systems Architecture which is both the NSS Road Map and the documented results of multiple Architecture Development Team efforts.
- Department of Defense Space Program - An Executive Overview for FY 1998 - 2003 Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Acquisition and Technology) (OUSD(A&T)) Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Space) (DUSD(S)) March 1997 - identifies the cross-cutting trends and major themes that underlie DoD activites and initiatives and summarizes featured space programs to illustrate their roles in longer-term planning activities.
- ARMY SPACE REFERENCE TEXT Describes the space segments, the energy sources used, payload types, and tracking networks for satellite control, as well as the capabilities and limits of satellite systems.
- Historical Overview Space & Missile Systems Center 1954-1995 Brief historical overview of the Space and Missile Systems Center and its predecessors, covering the evolution of the mission and the organizational structure, the history of base facilities, and the history of the principal space and missile programs.
- The 6555th: Missile and Space Launches through 1970 6555th Aerospace Test Wing history over the first two decades of its existence -- the golden age of Air Force missile and space launch vehicle flight tests at Cape Canaveral.
- The Cape: Military Space Operations 1971-1992
Air Force space launch operations at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS) from the beginning of 1971 through 2 July 1992.
- Department of Defense, Research & Development,
Descriptive Summaries (RDDS). Another common name associated with RDDS data is PEDS (Program Element Descriptive Summaries).
- Space Page Provides an extensive resource for those interested in space and space related topics. The major sections are devoted to agencies and facilitites, communications, geodesy, navigation (including GLONASS), and remote
sensing. The agencies and facilities section is divided into eight subsection: Americas
less the US, Asia, European Space Agency (ESA), Europe less ESA, NSA, United
States, and US Universities.
- The Satellite Encyclopedia [TSE] is a hypertext document built around a dictionary containing over 1800 satellites. Each satellite fact sheet contains basic information (launch date, country of origin, official identification...) and, depending on the satellite's type, data regarding the payload. Visitors can access about a quarter of this site. [Full access is $96 per year].
- Mike's Spacecraft Library is a public source for information about spacecraft. The purpose of the library is to provide a general overview of these space missions to the average reader
- Mark Wade 's Encyclopaedia of Spaceflight Getting Better and Better and approaching the best
- David Hastings's Military Space Page
- LaunchSpace Industry Guide
- MLESAT web site at sat-net.com covers home satellite TV and other reference materials
- Jonathan's Space Report
- NASDA Cosmic Information Center
- 1997: The Year in Space @ NASA OSF
- 1996: The Year in Space @ NASA OSF
- SPACE FLIGHT 1995 The Year in Review @ NASA OSF
- SPACE FLIGHT 1994 The Year in Review @ NASA OSF
- SPACEWARN Bulletin provides information on satellites and space probes
- Commercial Communications Satellite Launches @ SATCO DX
- Small Satellites Home Page "Smaller, faster, better, cheaper" has focused
increased attention on the capabalities and advantages of small satellites. This page provides up to date information, resources, references and links for space researchers and enthusiasts.
- Major Facilities Inventory contains data on major government aerospace facilities which were prepared by the individual DOD, DOE and NASA installations. You may search for facilities by location, type, keyword, parameters, or program supported.
- Major Range and Test Facility Base [ MRTFB ] is a set of test installations, facilities, and ranges which are regarded as "national assets." These assets are sized, operated, and maintained primarily for DoD test and evaluation missions.
- The Tracking Resources Catalog Home Page supports the Tracking Resources Catalog (TRCat) on-line reference guide to provide a global directory of ground stations.
- Space Mission Acronym List and Hyperlink Guide - links to information on a variety of space missions and instruments.
Technology Area Plans - FY96 Air Force R&D plans from the Air Force Materiel Command Directorate of Science & Technology
- US Space Command Factsheets
- Air Force Space Command Fact Sheets
- USAF Space and Missile Systems Center Factsheets
- USAF SMC Phllips Laboratory Significant Projects Listing
- USAF SMC Phllips Laboratory Factsheets
- Space and Nuclear Deterrence USAF Acquisition Success Stories
- Missiles, Rockets and Torpedoes - DOD Fact File contains Air Force, Navy, and Marine Corps fact sheets,
which are provided by the services.
- Air Force Magazine Space Almanac -
Compiled by the staff of Air Force Magazine, Space Almanac contains a variety of information and statistical material about space--particularly military activity in space.
- Department of the Air Force Forecast of Information Technology Business Opportunities
Maintained by Webmaster
Updated Sunday, August 01, 1999 6:01:49 PM