Attachment 7, Appendix A1. Interim Requirements
The Government has identified the following interim requirements
which may reduce schedule for initial interim capability deployment
or the schedule risk in-order to support the launch of UFO 8.
- All requirements of the SRD shall apply unless otherwise stated
in the following paragraph:
2.1 Interim Requirements to Support UFO 8:
- The SBM shall support at least one GBS/UFO satellite transponder
(with a capacity of 6 Mbps) on any UFO satellite in view.
- The single data stream shall be echoed to all four UFO transponders
simultaneously using the PIP facility.
- Receive suites shall receive and process only one data channel
from one data stream at a time.
- Receive suites shall operate in the fully connected mode to
receive and process data other than video, audio, and other user
applications which currently utilize broadcast products.
- Receive suits shall not support the partially connected mode
(disconnected, manually connected, and fully connected shall be
supported). Partially connected mode may be RBM software upgrade.
- Classified information shall be handled as an encrypted stream
from the source and passed as a separate data channel for each
level of classification without decryption within the GBS system.
- Sufficient redundant equipment shall be available to limit
- Proprietary commercial access control methods may be used.
- GRAT and GBC elements are not required.
- Interfaces to AFSCN and EHF controller equipment shall be
manual by secure voice.
- Over the air software update capability shall not be provided.
- The BMS shall not develop a catalog of 'GBS products'.
- Rebroadcast shall be accomplished by requery of the source.
- System configuration shall be maintained manually in an automated
- The GBS resource efficiency shall be limited to periodic data
channel reconfiguration as opposed to dynamic channel reconfiguration.
- Bandwidth reallocation time limits may be exceeded.
- The contractor shall retrofit all interim hardware or software
to the fully compliant configuration not later than IOC.