50 SPACE WING INSTRUCTION 36-2801
20 December 1994
BY ORDER OF THE COMMANDER
INFORMATION MANAGER OF THE QUARTER PROGRAM
This instruction implements AFPD 36-28, Awards and Decorations Program, and AFI 36-2845, Annual Outstanding Air Force Information Management Awards; establishing the 50th Space Wing (50 SW) Information Manager (IM) of the Quarter Program. It explains the eligibility rules, nomination procedures, and selection process. It applies to personnel in the IM (AFSC 3A0X1) career field (military and civilian) assigned to Falcon Air Force Base, including tenants and other DOD components. It does not apply to contractors or their employees.
SUMMARY OF CHANGES
Revises publication in its entirety to bring it in line with new guidance.
Supersedes FAFBR 900-1, 25 April 1991. (For summary of changes, see above.)
OPR: 50 MSS/MSIX (R. Perry)
Approved by: 50 SW/CC (Col Simon P. Worden)
Pages: 6/Distribution: F
1. Award Criteria. Nominate individuals based on their performance during each fiscal year quarter (i.e., October to December, January to March, etc.). See attachment 1 for Falcon AFB IM of the Quarter categories. Do not nominate individuals:
1.1.Who received unfavorable personnel action during the award period.
1.2. In Phase 1 of the Weight Control Program during the award period.
1.3. Who were winners from a previous quarter within the same fiscal year.
2. Submitting Nomination Packages. Send one (1) original and three (3) copies to the Base Information Management office, by the 10th working day of the month following the end of each fiscal quarter. Follow the instructions and format in attachments 2, 3, and 4, for submitting nomination packages.
3. What Winners Receive. The Falcon AFB IM of the Quarter Award winners receive letters of congratulation and an engraved plaque presented at the Quarterly Information Managers Meeting.
SIMON P. WORDEN, Colonel, USAF
MATRIX FOR FALCON AFB IM AWARD
MATRIX FOR FALCON AFB IM AWARD
|TABLE A.||OUTSTANDING INFORMATION MANAGER AWARD||
If the individual is
Then the nominee is eligible for nomination
2nd Lt through Capt
MSgt through SMSgt
GS/WG/WL-6 and above
Senior Information Manager
|2||Sgt through TSgt||Intermediate Information Manager|
|3||Amn through SrA||Junior Information Manager|
|4||GS/WG/WL-5 and below||Junior Civilian Information Manager|
SAMPLE TRANSMITTAL LETTER
(USE APPROPRIATE LETTERHEAD)
MEMORANDUM FOR 50 MSS/MSI
FROM: (Nominees organization/FAS)
SUBJECT: Information Manager of the Quarter Nomination
1. (Rank and Name) is submitted for (Category X, Outstanding (nominee level) Information Manager of the Quarter) for the period (Jan - Mar, etc) 199X.
2. (Rank and Name) is not on the AF Weight Management Program (Phase 1), and does not have a UIF (military personnel only). (Rank and Name) presents a positive, professional Air Force image.
(NOTE: The above information in paragraph 2 is needed for military only.)
3. My POC is (Rank and Name), ext 7-XXXX.
(Name), Lt Col, USAF
Commander (or designated official)
1. Nomination Cover Sheet Format (see attachment 3)
2. Nomination Talking Paper Format (see attachment 4)
SAMPLE NOMINATION COVER SHEET
1. Award Category: (1) Senior Information Manager
2. Organization of Assignment: 50th Mission Support Squadron
3. Rank/Grade and Name: MSGT SAM W. SMITH (ALL CAPITAL LETTERS)
a. Complete Military Mailing Address: 50 MSS/CCQ
300 O'Malley Ave Ste 21
Falcon AFB CO 80912-3021
(Note: For tenant units, give MAJCOM)
b. DAFSC or GS, WG, WL, and series: 3A0X1 (or GS-303, etc)
c. Date of Rank/Grade: 1 August 1992
d. TAFMSD/SCD: 1 September 1977
e. Duty Title, Date Assigned, and Description: (For position of nomination. Write simply but descriptively what the job consists of, avoiding the generic language found in classification guides. Stress highlights, local peculiarities, and special or unique tasks; limit to seven lines.)
f. Number of Individuals Supervised:
(1) Directly: 1
(2) Indirectly: 5
SAMPLE NOMINATION TALKING PAPER FORMAT
Name: SAM W. SMITH (USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS)
Category: (1) Senior Information Manager
ADAPTATION TO UNUSUAL JOB ASSIGNMENTS OR DIFFICULT SITUATIONS WITH SIGNIFICANT RESULTS
Use separate page and this format with no SIGNATURE or OPR line.
Submit nominations which consider personal accomplishments only; not those of a group or a function.
SUPERIOR CONTRIBUTIONS TO MANAGEMENT GOALS