HQ NORTH AMERICAN AEROSPACE DEFENSE COMMAND NORAD HOI 11-2
Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado 80914-5002 23 June 1989
This headquarters operating instruction describes visual information (VI) equip-
ment, presentation services, and meeting rooms available in the Headquarters,
Building 1470, and defines procedures for their use. It provides scheduling
procedures and responsibilities of the HQ AFSPACECOM, Presentation Services
Branch (CSRP), and the office of primary responsibility (OPR) project officer.
It applies to Headquarters North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD).
1. General. For briefings and meetings to be successful, they must be
carefully planned, properly supported, and conducted in a professional
environment. The Presentation Services Branch provides professional guidance
and support. The OPR project officer plans and manages each event. Both must
work together to make the briefing or meeting happen in a professional way.
a. Presentation Services Branch:
(1) Schedules, maintains, and manages Command Section conference rooms.
(2) Provides professional visual information (VI) support for briefings
and meetings involving the Command Section, distinguished visitors, and Command
Section conference rooms.
(3) Helps the staff prepare and present briefings.
(4) Provides VI equipment and advice for self-help presentations.
(5) Advises project officers on proper completion of HQ AFSPACECOM Form
18, Reservations for Conference Rooms, (attachment 1), and appropriate
designated seating diagram.
b. OPR Project Officers:
(1) Manage briefings or meetings from planning through completion of
(2) Arrange all VI support and any unusual requirements with
Presentation Services Branch. An unusual VI requirement is anything other than
single screen 35mm slides, overhead transparencies, or 16mm motion pictures.
Visual information equipment and projectionist support for rooms not managed by
Presentation Services Branch are arranged and provided by the OPR project
Supersedes N HOI 11-2, 2 February 1987. (For summary of changes see page 4.)
No. of Printed Pages: 11
OPR: CSRP (SMSgt C. Melber)
Approved by: L. Haught
Editor: S. Gillespie
2 N HOI 11-2 23 June 1989
(3) Coordinate protocol requirements such as refreshments and flags
through the Director of Protocol (CP).
(4) Make sure HQ AFSPACECOM Form 18, Reservations for Conference Room,
and the designated seating diagram are completed accurately and submitted on
time (see paragraph 6b). Advise Presentation Services Branch, ext 6951, and the
CINC's office of any last-minute changes.
(5) Check the briefing room 15 minutes prior to briefing time for
(6) Monitor arrival of attendees and call people who are not there 5
minutes prior to briefing. Note: The project officer is responsible for
ensuring the actual seating matches the seating plan provided to the host senior
(7) Tell the executive of principal senior officer receiving the
briefing or chairing the meeting when all is ready.
(8) Make sure security policy and procedures are followed. (See
(9) Be available during the meeting to work with Presentation Services
Branch personnel toward a successful completion.
(10) Have an alternate meeting place when the Large Conference Room
(LCR) or Small Conference Room (SCR) is scheduled without Command Section
attendance. (Command Section may preempt these rooms on short notice.)
3. Facilities and Equipment:
a. Facilities managed by Presentation Services Branch are referred to as
Command Section conference rooms and are located in Building 1470:
AND IN-PLACE VI
ROOM CAPACITY CLEARED FOR SEE
Large Conference Room (Rm 405) 50 TS/SCI Attachment 2
Small Conference Room (Rm 431) 18 TS/SCI Attachment 3
b. Other meeting facilities in the Peterson Complex (listed at attachment
4) are scheduled directly with the OPR for the facility.
C. The project officer is responsible for arranging equipment and support.
If in doubt, check.
N HOI 11-2 23 June 1989 3
a. Observe the following security measures:
(1) The facility must be cleared for level of briefing or discussions
(2) OPR project officer is primarily responsible for room security and
determining that all attendees have the proper clearance and a valid need to
(3) Classified documents are removed from the room after briefing is
(4) Presentation Services Branch conducts a "post-meeting security
inspection." This includes an inspection of the courtesy notebooks on the
conference table, a room check for materials left behind, and an in depth
inspection of the projection booth. Any materials found will be returned to the
b. For briefing discussions higher than SECRET, the LCR or SCR may be used.
C. For sensitive compartmented information (SCI) requirements:
(1) Plan special access meetings and briefings in coordination with
Special Security Management (HQ AFSPACECOM/INS) (ext 3408/3919) and notify them
when assistance is required to verify attendee access.
(2) The conference room user must make sure all personnel gaining
access have SCI access and need to know.
5. Scheduling the Rooms:
a. For conference rooms managed by Presentation Services Branch, call ext
6951 or visit room 403.
b. For other rooms (attachment 4), contact the OPR indicated.
6. HQ AFSPACECOM Form 18:
a. HQ AFSPACECOM Form 18 is required when Command Section flag officers or
distinguished visitors (DV) are attending and the LCR or SCR is used.
b. Final HQ AFSPACECOM Form 18 and seating charts are due to CSRP by 1400
the duty day prior to the briefing or meeting for local attendees, and by 1400
two duty days before for out-of-town visitors. (See attachment I for
7. Seating Charts:
a. Designated seating and seating charts are required:
(1) For everyone when Command Section flag officers are present.
4 N HOI 11-2 23 June 1989
(2) When distinguished visitors attend.
(3) When the project officer, director, or the chief of special staff
(CSSE) wants designated seating.
b. Usually, seating is arranged by rank. (See attachment 5.)
C. Blank seating charts can be obtained from Presentation Services Branch.
d. Two seats in rear of room are reserved for Commander in Chief Executive
Officer (CCE) and Assistant Chief of Staff (NSA) at all briefings.
8. Form Prescribed. HQ AFSPACECOM Form 18.
OFFICIAL JOHN L. PIOTROWSKI
Commander in Chief
G. A. STANSELL 5 Attachments
Colonel, USAF 1. Sample HQ AFSPACECOM Form 18 and
Director of Information Management Instructions for Completion
2. Schematic of LCR
3. Schematic of SCR
4. Other Available Conference Rooms
5. Sample Designated Seating Chart
SUMMARY OF CHANCES
Deletes references to audiovisual; updates responsibilities (paragraph 2);
redesignates locations for equipment (paragraph 3); and updates seating
arrangements (paragraph 7).
N HOI 11-2 Attachment 1 23 June 1989 5
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING HQ AFSPACECOM FORM 18
Block 1 - Today's date
Block 2 - OPR's office symbol
Block 3 -Briefing title
Block 4 -Meeting is: USSPACECOM
Block 5 -OPR's name
Block 6 -Office symbol of OPR
Block 7 -OPR's phone number
Block 8 -Briefer's name or "various"
Block 9 -Office symbol of briefers
Block 10 - Office phone of briefers
Block 11 - Date(s) of briefing
Block 12 -Briefing time; start and end
Block 13 -Room number, such as LCR, SCR, or 2-A-202
Block 14 -Total number of people attending
Block 15 -Highest classification
Block 16 -AV equipment, such as 16mm movie, dual overheads, and so on
Block 17 -Any unusual requirements
Block 18 - Attendee's grade, name, organization, job title, and security
clearance. Note: Block 18 continues on reverse side
Block 19 - Signature block of OPR/project officer
Block 20 - OPR or project officer's signature
Block 21 - For Presentation Services Branch (CSRP) use only
N HOI 11-2 Attachment 4 23 June 1989 9
OTHER AVAILABLE CONFERENCE ROOMS
FOR UNCLASSIFIED PRESENTATIONS
NCO Club 2 rooms 50 seats/70 seats 597-7875/6
Chapel 2 rooms 25 seats/50 seats ext 4442
Rec Center 2 rooms 16 seats/ballroom ext 4488
Library 1 room 50 seats ext 7462
O'Club 3 rooms 75 seats/125 seats 574-4100
Open Use Room 1 room ext 3093
FOR SECRET PRESENTATIONS
Jl Multi-Purpose Room ext 3393
(Bldg 1470, Room 102)
USSPACECOM Conference Room ext 5700
(Bldg 1470, Room 318)
XP Conference Room ext 3190
(Bldg 1, Rooms 2618 and 2619)
DE/SP Conference Room ext 3867
LK Conference Room ext 3863/3685
PK3 Conference Room ext 5251
(Bldg 1, Room 1524)
FOR TS-SCI PRESENTATIONS
LCR ext 6951,
(Bldg 1470, Room 405) Presentations
SCR ext 6951
(Bldg 1470, Room 431)
10 N HOI 11-2 Attachment 4 23 June 1989
J2 Conference Room ext 5041/5123
(Bldg 1470, Room 325)
NORAD Conference Room ext 3065/3197
(Bldg 1470, Room 326)
LCR ext 3093
(Bldg 1, Room 3427)
SCR ext 3093
(Bldg 1, Room 3427)
Auditorium ext 3093
(Bldg 1, Room 2106)
DO Conference Room ext 3533
(Bldg 1, Room 3614)
IN Conference Room ext 5162
(Bldg 1, Room 1513)
FORMAL PUBLICATION CHANGE SHEET
NO. CHANGE DATE PUBLICATION NUMBER DATE
I 10 Nov 92 N HOI 11-2 23 June 1989
1. THE FOLLOWING IS/ARE PAGE-INSERT CHANGE(S). NEW OR REVISED MATERIAL IS INDICATED BY AN
REMOVE DATE INSERT DATE
2. MAKE THE FOLLOWING WRITE-IN CHANGE(S):
PAGE PARAGRAPH LINE ACTION
9 Section 3-4 Delete in its entirety.
10 -- Add to end of list "USSPACECOM Conference Room
(Bldg 1470, Room 318) ext. 6943"
OPR (Functional address symbol) FOR THE COMMANDER
Sgt Robinson MICHAEL A. KLICH, Lieutenant Colonel, USAF
21 CS/CSRP Director of Information Management
DISTRIBUTION: F (Same as basic.)
AFSPACECOM Form 50, JUN 91 (Continue on reverse)