- "Presidential Science Advising," by R.L. Garwin, September 5, 1979. A chapter in the book Science Advice to the President,a special issue of Technology in Society2, (Pergamon Press Ltd) pp. 115-128. Publisher: Pergamon Press, New York, 1980.
- "A Cruise Missile System for Europe-- Costs and Capabilities," by R.L. Garwin,Henri Sack Memorial Lecture at Cornell University, September 26, 1978.
- "Approaches to Controlling Air Pollution," pp. 415-418, Comment by R.L. Garwin on "Government Policies toward Automotive Emissions Control" by Edwin S. Mills and Lawrence J. White, 1978.
- August 15, 1978 letter by Richard L. Garwin, Norris E. Bradbury, and J. Carson Mark to President Carter regarding nuclear weapons stockpile reliability under a Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (published in the Congressional Record 08/16/78).
- "No End to Conspiracy?-- The Solar Connection," by R.L. Garwin, August 9, 1978. Details the workings of the Nuclear Policy Study Group in creating the 1977 book, Nuclear Power Issues and Choices.
- "Reducing Dependence on Nuclear Weapons: A Second Nuclear Regime," by R.L. Garwin. Published in the 1980s Project/Council on Foreign Relations' book, Nuclear Weapons and World Politic. Publisher: McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, 1977.
- "The Problem of Aggregation in Modeling Physical and Social Systems and Processes," by R.L. Garwin, Proc. Symposia in Applied Mathematics21, pp. 107-120, July 6, 1977. (Speech to the American Mathematical Society 01/21/76).
- "Effective Military Technology for the 1980s," by R.L. Garwin, published in International Security, Vol. 1, No. 2, (Autumn 1976) pp. 50-77.
- "Nuclear War by 1999?", by P. Doty, R.L. Garwin, G. Kistiakowsky, G. Rathjens, and T. Schelling in
Harvard Magazine,pp. 19-25, November 1975.
- Appendix C: "Comparative Cost Analyses for Electric Power from Project Pacer," from "An Analysis of the Economic Feasibility, Technical Significance, and Time Scale for Application of Peaceful Nuclear Explosions in the U.S., with Special Reference to the GURC Report Thereon." A panel report by L.E. Elkins, R.L. Garwin, T. Greenwood, C. Hocott, H. Jacoby, G.W. Johnson, R. Morse, and F.A. Long, Chairman. April 1975.
- "Transcribed Notes of a Trip taken by Richard and Lois Garwin to the Chinese People's Republic," March 18 to April 17, 1974.
- "Report to the Director of Research by the Energy Task Force," R.L. Garwin (Chairman), et al, January 31, 1974. Formerly IBM CONFIDENTIAL-- declassified 01/09/90 by RLG.
- "The Shape of Future U.S. Military Forces," by R.L. Garwin, July 4, 1972.
- "Some Aspects of Technology and Privacy," by R.L. Garwin. Published as "Intelligence and Technology," as a staff report of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Vol. IV, pp. 109-119. "Concluding Remarks" and "Abstract" are restored in the present version.
- "Improving the Nation's Air Traffic Control System," a Report of the Ad Hoc Air Traffic Control Panel
of the President's Science Advisory Committee (R.L. Garwin, Chairman), March 1971. 200 pages. (Available from the NTIS as PB-240 652/8GA.)
Maintained by Webmaster