Missile Technology Control Regime [MTCR] Documents
U.S. Code and Public Laws
- Arms Control and Disarmament Act (22 USC 2551 et seq.; P.L. 87-297; amended by Arms
Control and Nonproliferation Act of 1994)
- Arms Control and Nonproliferation Act of 1994, Sec. 712 _ Verification of Compliance (22 USC 2577, 2593a, 2593b; P.L. 103-236).
- Arms Export Control Act - Chapter 7 _ Control of Missiles and Missile Equipment or Technology (22 USC 2797 et seq.; P.L. 90-629; amended by P.L. 101-510, Sec. 1703)
- Export Administration Act of 1979 (50 USC 2401 et seq.; P.L. 96-72, as amended; lapsed on
August 19, 1994; H.R. 361, included in Omnibus Export Administration Act of 1996.
- National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1994 (P.L. 103-160, Title XVI _ Arms
Control Matters, Sec. 1614. Sense of Congress Relating to the Proliferation of Space Launch
- Nuclear Nonproliferation Act of 1978 (42 USC 2153a, 2155a; P.L. 95-242, Title III _ Export Organization and Criteria, and Title IV _ Negotiation of Further Export Controls).
- Nuclear Proliferation Prevention Act of 1994 (22 USC 3281a; P.L.103-236, Title VIII, Part A _ Reporting on Nuclear Exports).
Code of Federal Regulations
- 15 CFR Parts 771 and 778 (Expansion of Foreign Policy Controls; Missile Technology
Destinations; Bureau of Export Administration, Commerce; 57 FR 26773; June 16, 1992)
- 15 CFR Part 799 (Foreign Policy Controls on Items Related t the Design, Development,
Production, or Use of Missiles; Batch Mixers; Bureau of Export) Administration, Commerce; 57
FR 26992; June 17, 1992)
- 22 CFR Part 120, et al. (Amendments to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations; Final Rule; Bureau of Politico-Military Affairs, State; 58 FR 39280; July 22, 1993)
- 58 FR 45408; August 27, 1993 (Imposition of Missile Proliferation Sanctions Against Entities in China and Pakistan; Notice; Bureau of Politico-Military Affairs, State)
- 15 CFR Parts 771 and 799 (Revision to the Commerce Control List: Items Controlled for Nuclear Nonproliferation Reasons, Addition of Argentina, New Zealand, Poland, South Africa, and South
Korea to GNSG Eligible Countries; Bureau of Export Administration, Commerce; 61 FR 3555;
February 1, 1996).
- 15 CFR Part 778 _ Proliferation Controls (15 CFR Ch. VII, 1-1-96 Edition, contains full export regulations; Bureau of Export Administration, Commerce; see also Simplification of Export Administration Regulations, Parts 730-799A in 61 FR 12714 et seq., March 25, 1996)
Presidential Directives, Memoranda, and Executive Orders
- E.O. 12058, May 11,1978, 43 FR 20947 (Functions Relating to Nuclear Nonproliferation).
- E.O. 12214, May 2, 1980, 45 FR 29783 (Administration of the Export Administration Act of
- E.O. 12730, September 30, 1990, 55 FR 40373 (Continuation of Export Control Regulations)
- E.O. 12923, June 30, 1994 (Continuation Of Export Control Regulations)
- E.O. 12938, November 14, 1994 (Proliferation Of Weapons Of Mass Destruction)
- E.O. 12959, May 8, 1995 (Prohibiting Certain Transactions With Respect To Iran)
- E.O. 12981, December 5, 1995, 60 FR 62981 (Administration of Export Controls)
- National Security Council Memorandum for Robert Gallucci, Assistant Secretary for
Politico-Military Affairs, Department of State _ Agreed Definitions; February 18, 1994.
Executive Agency Releases
- Fact Sheet: Arms Control and Nonproliferation: The Clinton Administration Record; September
- Fact Sheet: Export Controls On Computers; May 31, 1996;
- Fact Sheet _ Middle East Arms Control Initiative; May 29, 1991.
- Fact Sheet _ Non-proliferation Efforts Bolstered; July 13, 1992.
- Fact Sheet: Non-Proliferation and Export Control Policy; September 27,1993.
- International Traffic In Arms Regulations § 121.16 -- Missile Technology Control Regime Annex.
- Missile Technology Control Regime Holds Plenary Meeting In Edinburgh (1996)
- Missile Technology Control Regime Holds Plenary Meeting In Bonn (1995)
- Missile Technology Control Regime Meets In Sweden (1994)
- Missile Technology Control Regime Meets In Switzerland (1993)
- Missile Technology Control Regime Plenary Session US DEPARTMENT OF STATE -- 25 Mar 1993
- Revisions To MTCR Guidelines (1993)
- The Washington MTCR Plenary (1991)
- Missile Technology Control Regime: Fact Sheet to Accompany Public Announcement (1987)
Arms Control and Disarmament Agency
- THE MISSILE TECHNOLOGY CONTROL REGIME September 15, 1997
- "ACDA Fact Sheet on Missile Technology Control Regime -- 15 Nov 1996 -- Fact sheet released by the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency summarizing the history, content and effects of the MTCR.
- ACDA FACT SHEET ON MISSILE TECHNOLOGY CONTROL REGIME - 11 November 1996
- Adherence To And Compliance With Arms Control Agreements; 1996 ACDA Sec 51 annual
- Controlling Missiles And Space Weapons; 1995 Report
- The Missile Technology Control Regime -- 18 Nov 1994 -- Fact sheet released by the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency summarizing the history, content and effects of the MTCR.
- Export USA - A Basic Guide to Exporting - CHAPTER 11 EXPORT REGULATIONS, CUSTOMS BENEFITS AND TAX INCENTIVES
- Export Administration Annual Report 1995 and 1996 Report on Foreign Policy Export Controls, Bureau of Export Administration; March 1996
- BXA facts _ The Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR); Aug 12 1996
- Commerce Says Commercial Satellites Not Covered by MTCR Sanctions USIA -- 07 Jan 1994 -- Commerce Department press release
regarding commercial satellites within the jurisdiction of the Department.
- Memorandum From The Secretary Of Defense _ RE: The Defense Counterproliferation Initiative, December 9, 1993
- Report on Nonproliferation and Counterproliferation Activities and Programs, May 1994; Office of the Deputy Secretary of Defense
- News Release: Defense Department Actions To Control Missile Proliferation; November 21,
U.S. Congressional Material
- Senate Hearing 01-936, Subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations, Department of
Defense Appropriations for Fiscal Year 1991 (H.R. 5803/S. 3189); pp. 250-251 and pp. 288-289
- Missile Proliferation: The Need For Controls (Missile Technology Control Regime),
Subcommittee On Arms Control, International Security and Science, And On International
Economic Policy and Trade, Committee On Foreign Relations; July 12 and October 30, 1989
- House Report 104-605, Omnibus Export Administration Act Of 1996 (H.R. 361)
- Congressional Record _ Senate (Gore Amendment No. 2554 to the Arms Export Control Act); pp.
S12066-12075; August 3, 1990
Maintained by Webmaster
Updated Monday, April 27, 1998 5:54:07 PM