The States Parties hereby agree upon procedures and other provisions relating to the Joint Consultative Group established by Article XVI of the Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe of November 19, 1990, hereinafter referred to as the Treaty.
1. The Joint Consultative Group shall be composed of representatives designated by each State Party. Alternates, advisers and experts of a State Party may take part in the proceedings of the Joint Consultative Group as deemed necessary by that State Party.
2. The first session of the Joint Consultative Group shall open no later than 60 days after the signing of the Treaty. The Chairman of the opening meeting shall be the representative of the Kingdom of Norway.
3. The Joint Consultative Group shall meet for regular sessions to be held two times per year.
4. Additional sessions shall be convened at the request of one or more States Parties by the Chairman of the Joint Consultative Group, who shall promptly inform all other States Parties of the request. Such sessions shall open no later than 15 days after receipt of such a request by the Chairman.
5. Sessions of the Joint Consultative Group shall last no longer than four weeks, unless it decides otherwise.
6. States Parties shall assume in rotation, determined by alphabetical order in the French language, the Chairmanship of the Joint Consultative Group.
7. The Joint Consultative Group shall meet in Vienna, unless it decides otherwise.
8. Representatives at meetings shall be seated in alphabetical order of the States Parties in the French language.
9. The official languages of the Joint Consultative Group shall be English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish.
10. The proceedings of the Joint Consultative Group shall be confidential, unless it decides otherwise.
11. The scale of distribution for the common expenses associated with the operation of the Joint Consultative Group shall be applied, unless otherwise decided by the Joint Consultative Group, as follows:
10.35% for the French Republic, the Federal Republic of Germany, the Italian Republic, the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America;
6.50% for Canada;
5.20% for the Kingdom of Spain;
4.00% for the Kingdom of Belgium, the Kingdom of the
Netherlands and the Republic of Poland;
2.34% for the Czech and Slovak Federal Republic, the Kingdom of Denmark, the Republic of Hungary and the Kingdom of Norway;
0.88% for the Hellenic Republic, Romania and the Republic of Turkey;
0.68% for the Republic of Bulgaria, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and the Portuguese Republic; and 0.16% for the Republic of Iceland.
12. During the period that this Protocol is applied provisionally in accordance with the Protocol on Provisional Application, the Joint Consultative Group shall:
(A) work out or revise, as necessary, rules of procedure, working methods, the scale of distribution of expenses of the Joint Consultative Group and of conferences, and the distribution of the costs of inspections between or among States Parties, in accordance with Article XVI, paragraph 2, subparagraph (F) of the Treaty; and
(B) consider, upon the request of any State Party, issues relating to the provisions of the Treaty that are applied provisionally.