1998 Ukraine Special Weapons News
- State Department Reinstates Sea Launch License – September 30, 1998 – The U.S. State Department has terminated its suspension of The Boeing Company’s export license on the Sea Launch program as a result of a civil settlement.
- SEA LAUNCH COOPERATION STOPPED Voice of America 11 August 1998 -- THE U-S AEROSPACE COMPANY BOEING HAS BEEN ORDERED TO TEMPORARILY STOP COOPERATING WITH ITS INTERNATIONAL PARTNERS ON A SEA-GOING SATELLITE LAUNCH SYSTEM.
- State Dept. Halts a Pioneering Boeing-Russian Space Venture By WILLIAM J. BROAD The New York Times August 11, 1998 - Charles P. Vick, a rocket expert at the Federation of American Scientists, a private group in Washington, said the trouble might have arisen because of integration problems in Sea Launch's rocket, the Zenit.
- Long Beach Missile Transfers Kenneth R. Timmerman The American Spectator Aug 11 - 17, 1998 -- Boeing has admitted to more than 350 violations of U.S. export laws in connection with the Sea Launch venture. "What you have is a U.S. company bringing Russian ICBMs into a U.S. port without a license," one official said. "This is totally unprecedented."
- TEXT: U.S.-UKRAINE BINATIONAL COMMISSION JOINT STATEMENT 22 July 1998
- TEXT: CLINTON ON U.S.-UKRAINE PACT ON PEACEFUL NUCLEAR ENERGY 06 May 1998 -- President Clinton asked Congress to ratify an agreement
for cooperation between the United States and Ukraine on peaceful uses
of nuclear energy.
- CLINTON OK'S UKRAINE PACT ON PEACEFUL USE OF NUCLEAR ENERGY -- President Clinton signed a presidential determination April 28 approving the proposed Agreement for Cooperation Between the United States of America and Ukraine Concerning Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy.
- TRANSCRIPT: REMARKS OF ALBRIGHT AND UDOVENKO IN KIEV USIA 09 March 1998 Secretary of State Madeline Albright and Ukrainian Foreign
Minister Hennadiy Udovenko called for the conclusion of an agreement on the
protection of Ukrainian technology for use in space cooperation.
- BACKGROUND BRIEFING BY SR. ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL USIA 09 March 1998 Secretary of State Albright will focus on nonproliferation issues during her talks with Ukrainian officials.
- UKRAINE / ALBRIGHT VOA 3/6/98
THE UNITED STATES AND UKRAINE HAVE INITIALLED A PROPOSED AGREEMENT ON PEACEFUL NUCLEAR COOPERATION.
- ALBRIGHT UKRAINE VOA 3/4/98 CONGRESSIONAL REPUBLICANS ARE SENSITIVE TO THE PROBLEMS AMERICANS FACE IN TRYING TO DO BUSINESS IN UKRAINE.
Maintained by Webmaster
Updated Saturday, June 10, 2000 6:11:55 PM