1998 South Africa Special Weapons News
- SAF / CHEMICAL WARFARE Voice of America 31 July 1998 --
THE MAN WHO HEADED SOUTH AFRICA'S APARTHEID ERA CHEMICAL WARFARE PROGRAM SAYS WESTERN GOVERNMENTS, INCLUDING THE UNITED STATES, SHARED CHEMICAL WARFARE SECRETS WITH SOUTH AFRICA.
- SAF / CHEMICAL WEAPONS Voice of America 15 June 1998 -- THE SOUTH AFRICAN GOVERNMENT SAYS THE CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS PROGRAM LAUNCHED BY THE FORMER APARTHEID GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN AND ALL THE WEAPONS DESTROYED.
- SAF / TRUTH / CHEMICAL WEAPONS Voice of America 12 June 1998 -- THIS PAST WEEK IN SOUTH AFRICA, THE "TRUTH AND RECONCILIATION" COMMISSION HEARD TESTIMONY ON THE FORMER WHITE-MINORITY GOVERNMENT'S SECRET CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS PROGRAM.
- SAF / CHEMICAL WEAPONS Voice of America 11 June 1998 -- IN SOUTH AFRICA, THE "TRUTH AND RECONCILIATION" COMMISSION PROBING APARTHEID-ERA HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES HAS HEARD MORE SHOCKING TESTIMONY ABOUT THE WHITE MINORITY GOVERNMENT'S
EFFORTS TO DEVELOP CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS THAT WOULD BE EFFECTIVE AGAINST BLACK PEOPLE ONLY.
- SAF MANDELA POISON Voice of America 10 June 1998 -- A SCIENTIST WHO WORKED FOR SOUTH AFRICA'S CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL WARFARE LABORATORY SAID HE WAS TOLD OF A A PLOT TO POISON NELSON MANDELA PRIOR TO HIS RELEASE FROM PRISON IN 1990.
- SAF / TRUTH -- 09 June 1998 -- Voice of America
IN SOUTH AFRICA, THE "TRUTH AND RECONCILIATION" COMMISSION HAS OPENED A PROBE INTO WHAT ONE JOHANNESBURG NEWSPAPER TERMS THE FORMER WHITE-LED MILITARY'S "BOX OF HORRORS" -- ITS SECRET CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS PROGRAM.
- SAF / CHEMICAL WEAPONS Voice of America 09 June 1998 -- IN SOUTH AFRICA, THE "TRUTH AND RECONCILIATION" COMMISSION THIS WEEK BEGAN HEARINGS INTO THE FORMER APARTHEID GOVERNMENT'S SECRET CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS PROGRAM.
- APARTHEID'S CHEMICAL WARFARE BOFFINS UNDER TRUTH BODY SCRUTINY May 26 1998 - SAPA-AFP
South Africa's truth commission will examine experiments carried out on humans and animals between 1981 and 1994 and the involvement of the apartheid state in the development of chemical and biological warfare. Star witness will be Wouter Basson, a 47-year-old physicist said to have masterminded the programme to develop apartheid's chemical and biological arsenal, codenamed "Project Coast". Basson is the former head of the South African army's Seventh Medical Battalion hospital in Pretoria.
- CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL WARFARE HEARING -- 22 May 1998 Truth and Reconciliation Commission The Truth and Reconciliation Commission will be holding a special public hearing into South Africa's chemical and biological warfare (CBW) programme from 8 to 12 June. The hearing will focus on the SADF's CBW programme from 1981 to 1994.
- TEXT: U.S., SOUTH AFRICA NORMALIZE DEFENSE TRADE TIES
27 February 1998
Maintained by Webmaster
Updated Saturday, June 10, 2000 5:59:24 PM