1994 Russia Special Weapons
Nuclear, Biological, Chemical and Missile
- Congratulations on Your Acquisition, Pentagon! Who Delivered the Air Defense System from the CIS to the United States, and Why, Moscow TRUD, 29 Dec 94
- The Range Takes Off Its Army Greatcoat. What Next?, Yuriy Kirinitsiyanov, RABOCHAYA TRIBUNA, 12/16/1994 -- Interview with Viktor Kiyanskiy, professor at the West Kazakhstan Agriculture Institute and chairman of the CIS Interparliamentary Assembly Environment Commission on nuclear test ranges.
- Strategic Missile Force Being Maintained on `Old Reserves' , Ostankino Television, 12/9/1994 -- Military experts claim that Russia's Strategic Missile Forces are the cheapest component of the Armed Forces, consuming only 5-6 percent of the military budget, but not even these sums of money are reaching the missile forces.
- Nuclear Fuel Regeneration Plant Approved in Krasnoyarsk-26 , INTERFAX, 10/31/1994 -- The authorities of the Krasnoyarsk Territory, Siberia, gave consent for the construction of a nuclear station fuel regeneration plant in the Krasnoyarsk-26 nuclear center.
- Dismantling of Skrunda Base Planned , LETA, 10/28/1994
- Malakhit Design Bureau: Creator of the First Soviet Nuclear Powered Submarine , Anatoliy Valeryevich Kuteynikov, VOORUZHENIYE, POLITIKA, KONVERSIYA, No. 2 (5), 1994
- Topol Strategic Missile Successfully Tested 23 September -- Tactical Exercise , Anatoliy Yurkin, ITAR-TASS, 9/24/1994
- We Copied the Charge Design, Not the Bomb Itself, Maintains Professor Arkadiy Brish, Doctor of Technical Sciences, One of the Developers of Soviet Nuclear Weapons, Oleg Moroz, LITERATURNAYA GAZETA, 9/7/1994
- The Formidable SS-18s Being Scrapped, Christian Lardier, AIR & COSMOS/AVIATION INTERNATIONAL, 9/2/1994 -- Profile of one of the missiles slated for destruction under the START regime.
- Arsenal of the 21st Century: With What Weapons Will Russia Greet the 21st Century? This Is a Vital Question That Is Determining the Fate of the Russian Defense Industry, by Aleksandr Pikayev, Moscow NOVOYE VREMYA, in Russian No 39, Sep 94
- Agreements Signed on U.S. Financial Support for Dismantling Skrunda Radar Station , Juris Tihonovs, DIENA, 8/13/1994
- All Quiet at `Shipka'? Radar Stations Impact Human Health , ZELENYY SVITF!, August 1994 -- Using the noble mission of defense of the fatherland as a cover, our military designed equipment with no concern at all for the health of nature and the people for whose sake they were supposed to be doing this.
- Yeltsin Visit to Krasnoyarsk Continues -- Says Plutonium Production Redundant , Lyudmila Aleksandrova and Yuriy Khots, ITAR-TASS, 7/28/1994 -- Before the end of September this year Russian President Boris Yeltsin will sign an edict on the future of the mining and chemical combine and the works for the processing of used nuclear fuel PT-2 in Krasnoyarsk-26, which is now under construction.
- Former Svobodnyy-18 ICBM Base To Launch Satellites , Russian Television and Dubl Networks, 7/27/1994
- Nuclear Center Warns... Creators of Nuclear Weapons Have Passed to NOVAYA YEZHEDNEVNAYA GAZETA a Letter for the Russian President, NOVAYA YEZHEDNEVNAYA GAZETA, 6/24/1994 -- Letter deals with financial support for the nuclear weapons complex..
- Topol Missiles Converted to Space Rockets , NTV, 6/23/1994
- Nuclear material accounting and control: Co-ordinating assistance to newly independent States IAEA Bulletin Volume 37, Number 1
Implemented by Sara D. Berman
Maintained by Webmaster
Updated Monday, March 09, 1998 3:20:00 PM