Provisional Constitution Order No.1 OF 1999
ISLAMABAD, Oct 15 (APP): In pursuance of Proclamation of the 14th day of October, 1999, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee and Chief of Army Staff and Chief Executive of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan under the Proclamation of Emergency of 14th day of October 1999 (hereinafter referred to as the Chief Executive) is pleased to make and promulgate the following Order.
1. (1) This Order may be called Provisional Constitution Order No.1
(2) It extends to the whole of Pakistan.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. (1) Notwithstanding the abeyance of the provisions of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan,
hereinafter referred to as the Constitution, Pakistan shall, subject to this Order and any other Orders made
by the Chief Executive, be governed, as nearly as may be, in accordance with the Constitution.
(2) Subject as aforesaid, all courts in existence immediately before the commencement of this Order shall
continue to function and to exercise their respective powers and jurisdiction: Provided that the Supreme Court or High Courts and any other court shall not have the powers to make any order against the Chief Executive or any person exercising powers or jurisdiction under his authority.
(3) The Fundamental Rights conferred by Chapter I of Part II of the Constitution, not in conflict with the Proclamation of Emergency or any Order made thereunder from time to time shall continue to be in force.
3. (1) The President shall act on, and in accordance, with the advice of the Chief Executive.
(2) No judgement, decree, writ, order or process whatsoever shall be made or issued by any court or tribunal against the Chief Executive or any authority designated by the Chief Executive.
Notwithstanding the abeyance of the provisions of the Constitution, but subject to the Orders of the Chief Executive all laws other than the Constitution shall continue in force until altered, amended or repealed by the Chief Executive or any authority designated by him.
The Proclamation of Emergency issued on 28th day of May 1998, shall continue but subject to the provisions of Proclamation of Emergency dated 14th day of October 1999 and this Provincial Constitution Order and any other Order made thereunder.
All persons who, immediately before the commencement of this Order,
were in the service of Pakistan as defined in Article 260 of the Constitution and those
persons who immediately before such commencement were in office as Judge of the Supreme
Court, the Federal Shariat Court or a High Court or Auditor-General or Ombudsman and Chief
Ehtesab Commissioner, shall continue in the said service on the same terms and conditions
and shall enjoy the same privileges, if any.
"Proclamations of Emergency"
ISLAMABAD, Oct 15 (APP): In pursuance of deliberations and decisions of Chiefs of Staff of the Armed Forces and Corps Commanders of Pakistan Army, I General Pervez Musharraf, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee and Chief of Army Staff, Proclaim Emergency throughout Pakistan and assume the office of the Chief Executive of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. I hereby order and proclaim as follows:
(a) The Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan shall remain in abeyance;
(b) The President of Pakistan shall continue in office;
(c) The National Assembly, the Provincial Assemblies and Senate shall stand suspended;
(d) The Chairman and Deputy Chairman of the Senate, the Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly and the Provincial Assemblies shall stand suspended;
(e) The Prime Minister, the Federal Ministers, Ministers of State, Advisors to the Prime Minister, Parliamentary Secretaries, the Provincial Governors, the Provincial Chief Ministers, the Provincial Ministers and the Advisors to the Chief Ministers shall cease to hold office;
(f) The whole of Pakistan will come under the control of the Armed Forces of Pakistan.This Proclamation shall come into force at once and be deemed to have taken effect on and 12th day of October, 1999.