1997 Belarus Special Weapons News
- Missile-related technology sold to Beijing by Belarus By Bill Gertz The Washington Times
06/12/97 - The transfer of a Belarussian MAZ chassis, photographed by a U.S. spy satellite at Chinese missile plant last year, directly supports the new Chinese DF-31 ICBM. Improved mobility is needed for the DF-31 TEL [transporter-erector launcher], since the current
DF-31 is limited to travel on surfaced roads.
- [EXCERPT] STATE DEPARTMENT NOON BRIEFING, MARCH 25, 1997 There was no regular briefing, but Acting State Department Spokesman John Dinger did speak on-the-record with reporters on Belarus.
- STATE DEPT. TAKEN QUESTION: MULTILATERAL AID TO BELARUS Washington -- The State Department released March 21 the response to a question taken regarding multilateral financial aid to Belarus.
- REPORT ON STATE DEPARTMENT NOON BRIEFING, MARCH 21 There was no regular briefing, but State Department Spokesman Nicholas Burns did speak on-the-record with reporters during a walk-thru informal session. No transcript is available of this briefing. The United States has cut off $40 million in Nunn-Lugar assistance to Belarus due to that government's lack of respect for human rights, Burns said.
- BELARUS: ASSISTANCE DENIED DUE TO HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS Washington -- The State Department released March 20 the response to a question taken on Belarus in the regular State Department briefing. The detailed response explained the legal reasons for denying $40 million in assistance to Belarus.
- RUSSIA: AILING YELTSIN, BELARUS 'MERGER,' RELATIONS WITH U.S. U.S. Information Agency Office of Public Liaison (Foreign Media Reaction Daily Digest) 17 January 1997
- UZBEK/RUSSIA/BELARUS/CZECH VOA CORRESPONDENT REPORT, NUMBER=2-208738, PRAGUE, ALENA KENCLOVA, 1/15/97
- CYPRUS/GREECE/TURKEY and RUSSIA/BELARUSU.S. Department of State Daily Press Briefing, Briefer: Nicholas Burns, January 14, 1997
- WILL RUSSIA AND BELORUSSIA FORM A CONFEDERATION? (Executive and Legislative Newsletter Nos. 1-2. In full.) 13 Jan 97
- BORIS YELTSIN PROPOSES ALEXANDER LUKASHENKO A COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAMME ON INTEGRATION BETWEEN THE TWO COUNTRIES MOSCOW /RIA NOVOSTI/ JANUARY 13
- IN HIS MESSAGE TO ALEXANDER LUKASHENKO, BORIS YELTSIN PROPOSES PROGRAMME OF MEASURES TO SPEED UP AND DEEPEN RUSSIA'S AND BELORUSSIA'S INTEGRATION MOSCOW (from RIA Novosti correspondent) January 13
- CWC / Cyprus / Belarus / DPRK U.S. Department of State Daily Press Briefing Briefer: Nicholas Burns, January 13
Maintained by Webmaster
Updated Monday, December 13, 1999 7:54:31 PM