Slovenia and NATO
- VILNIUS STATEMENT --Albania, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia -- Conference ''NATO'S Role in the Changing Security Environment in Europe" Vilnius, Lithuania 18-19 May, 2000 -- We call upon the member states at the next NATO Summit in 2002 to invite our democracies to join NATO.
- STATEMENT BY THE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES Conference ''NATO'S Role in the Changing Security Environment in Europe" Vilnius, Lithuania 18-19 May, 2000 - I welcome the statement adopted in Vilnius today by the governments of Albania, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia. I also take special note of the aspirations articulated by these nations to join NATO and the European Union and encourage them to stay the course.
- SLOVENIA/NATO Voice of America 17 March 1999 -- THE BALKAN NATION OF SLOVENIA IS RENEWING ITS EFFORTS TO
BE CONSIDERED FOR MEMBERSHIP IN THE NORTH ATLANTIC TREATY ORGANIZATION.
- SENATE-NATO EXPANSION Voice of America 06 November 1998 -- REPUBLICAN SENATOR WILLIAM ROTH, THE HEAD OF NATO'S PARLIAMENTARY GROUP IS URGING THE ALLIANCE TO INVITE SLOVENIA TO JOIN, BUT NOT TO CONSIDER ANY OTHER NEW MEMBERS JUST YET.
- U-S/SLOVENIA Voice of America 04 November 1998 -- PRESIDENT CLINTON HAS HELD TALKS AT THE WHITE HOUSE WITH SLOVENIA'S VISITING PRIME MINISTER JANEZ DRNOVSEK. THEY DISCUSSED SLOVENIA'S MEMBERSHIP BID FOR NATO.
- TEXT: SLOVENIA'S ROLE IN THE EURO-ATLANTIC PARTNERSHIP USIA 04 December 1998 -- U.S. Ambassador to Slovenia Nancy Ely-Raphel told the North Atlantic Council of Slovenia December 1, "You are strong contributors to the OSCE Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe] process, and a leading candidate for both NATO membership and EU accession.
Maintained by Webmaster
Updated Friday, May 26, 2000 10:44:31 AM