Romania and NATO
- VILNIUS STATEMENT --Albania, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia -- Conference ''NATO'S Role in the Changing Security Environment in Europe" Vilnius, Lithuania 18-19 May, 2000 -- We call upon the member states at the next NATO Summit in 2002 to invite our democracies to join NATO.
- STATEMENT BY THE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES Conference ''NATO'S Role in the Changing Security Environment in Europe" Vilnius, Lithuania 18-19 May, 2000 - I welcome the statement adopted in Vilnius today by the governments of Albania, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia. I also take special note of the aspirations articulated by these nations to join NATO and the European Union and encourage them to stay the course.
- NATO-ROMANIA Voice of America 25 November 1998 -- ROMANIAN PRESIDENT EMIL CONSTANTINESCU MET BRUSSELS WITH NATO'S AMBASSADORS TO PLEAD HIS COUNTRY'S CASE TO BE INCLUDED IN THE NEXT GROUP OF MEMBERS ADMITTED UNDER THE ALLIANCE'S ENLARGEMENT PLANS.
- ADDRESS BY HIS EXCELLENCY H.E. EMIL CONSTANTINESCU, PRESIDENT OF ROMANIA (House of Representatives - July 15, 1998)
- TEXT: STATE DEPT. ON VISIT OF ROMANIAN PRESIDENT CONSTANTINESCU 15 July 1998 -- U.S.-Romania Strategic Partnership talks being held
- CONGRESS ROMANIA Voice of America 15 July 1998 -- ROMANIA'S PRESIDENT HAS MADE A DIRECT APPEAL TO THE U-S CONGRESS TO BACK HIS COUNTRY'S BID TO JOIN NATO IN A SPEECH TO A JOINT MEETING OF THE HOUSE AND SENATE.
- CLINTON / ROMANIA Voice of America 15 July 1998 --
PRESIDENT CLINTON MEETS TODAY AT THE WHITE HOUSE WITH ROMANIAN PRESDENT EMIL CONSTANTINESCU, WHO IS ON A WEEK-LONG U-S VISIT TO PRESS HIS COUNTRY'S BID FOR NATO MEMBERSHIP.
- TRANSCRIPT: WORLDNET WITH NSC'S STEVE FLANAGAN ON NATO
13 July 1998 -- President Clinton plans to talk with Romanian President Emil
Constantinescu this week about a wide range of issues, including
Kosovo, Romania's interest in NATO membership, and "the support that
we've received from Romania in dealing with a number of the problems
in the very turbulent region that it resides in."
- TEXT: ASST. SEC. GROSSMAN REMARKS ON U.S.-ROMANIA RELATIONS US Information Agency 16 January 1998 (Jan. 16 speech notes 80 years of diplomatic relations)
- Romania and NATO Membership Reassessment at the July 1997 Summit by Jeffrey Simon & Hans Binnendijk NDU Strategic Forum Number 101, February 1997
- Dialogues with NATO Progress Toward Romanian Entry -- August 2, 1996
- State Secretary Prof. I. M. Pascu and Dr. E.
Zamfirescu The New NATO and the Southern Riddle
Building A New NATO: The Search for Peace and Security In an Unsettled World XIth NATO Workshop On Political-Military Decision Making -- Os, Norway 15-19 June 1994
Maintained by Webmaster
Updated Friday, May 26, 2000 10:44:31 AM