STATEMENT OF OBJECTIVES
HARD TARGET SMART FUZE AND ACCESSORIES
. This Statement of Objectives (SOO) is for Engineering and Manufacturing Development and initial Production of the Hard Target Smart Fuze (HTSF) system and accessories, spares, ancillary equipment, and support of Air Force GBU-24 A/B (BLU-109 warhead), GBU-24 C/B (AUP BLU-116 warhead), GBU-27 and GBU-28 weapons per the System Requirements Document (SRD). Additionally, the Defense Special Weapons Agency (DSWA) Counterproliferation Initiative (CPI) requires development, integration and certification of HTSF with GBU-24 B/B (Navy BLU-109) and GBU-24 D/B (Navy BLU-116) under this effort. Under a separate effort, CPI will integrate the GBU-24 B/B and GBU-24 D/B configuration HTSFs into the CPI modified Conventional Air Launched Cruise Missile (CALCM) and Tactical Land Attack Missile (TLAM) weapons. This will require additional test assets, participation in test planning and integration meetings, and test support from the HTSF contractor (no additional TLAM or CALCM fuze design). Prototypes with this enhanced capability over the baseline are desired to be included in the first pre-production option and should be included no later than the beginning of the second pre-production option. The implementation of the design enhancements in the pre-production and production option units will be based on contractor maximum effectivity projections related to prudent design maturity and associated risk.
Applicable Documents. System requirements are specified in the SRD in effect at the time of award.
Objectives. Develop and produce Hard Target Smart Fuze (HTSF) systems (includes fuze initiators (FZU-XX), containers including all required dunnage material, lanyards, associated cables, and installation tools), Ground Setter Units and surveillance equipment and accessories that perform in accordance with the SRD and meet the requirements of price and delivery schedule based on the maximum effectivity for implementation of the design features.
Requirements. Design, develop, test, qualify, manufacture, and deliver HTSF fuze systems, spares, ancillary equipment, associated documentation and support; participate in meetings (management/technical/test/logistics), reviews, analyses, and evaluations as necessary to meet AF and CPI requirements. Support for the CPI modified TLAM and CALCM efforts will require only additional increased test assets, participation in test planning and integration meetings (management/technica/test/logistics), and test support per the SRD and Planning Integrated Master Plan (i.e., no additional TLAM or CALCM fuze design). .
- Program Management. Establish and implement practices that successfully control and manage cost, schedule, and risk during Engineering and Manufacturing Development and Production. Develop, maintain and update an Integrated Master Plan and an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). (DI-MISC-81183A/T, DI-ADMN-81250A/T, DI-MGMT-81334/T, DI-MGMT-81467/T, DI-MGMT-81468/T,DI-MISC-80909/T)
- System Engineering. Establish and implement practices that ensure performance, safety, reliability, service life, product assurance, human factors, testability, and producibility are addressed during all phases of the program. (DI-SAFT-80101A/T, DI-SAFT-80182B, DI-SAFT-81299, DI-GDRQ-80567A/T)
- Software. Implement software development management and engineering practices which result in reliable and maintainable software. Integrate the contractor’s various software development disciplines (such as software management, systems engineering, software engineering, quality, configuration management, and safety) into a team. (DI-IPSC-81440/T, DI-IPSC-81442/T, DI-IPSC-81433/T, DI-IPSC-81435/T, DI-IPSC-81441/T)
- Reliability. Establish and implement an efficient and effective reliability program that includes a process that monitors subcontractors and suppliers to ensure that the end item meets the reliability and service life requirements. DI-RELI-80252/T, DI-RELI-80255/T, DI-IPSC-81439/T)
- Configuration. Establish and implement a configuration control system such as EIA IS-649 that ensures product identification, change management (tracking, reporting, and implementation accountability), interface management, and the maintenance of the technical data package. The authority to approve/disapprove Class 1 changes and major deviations/waivers remains with the System Program Office. Authority to approve/disapprove Class 2 changes and minor deviations/waivers is delegated to the contractor, however the local Defense Contract Management Command (DCMC) representative will have approval authority over the change classification. (DI-CMAN-80639B, DI-IPSC-81431/T, DI-IPSC-81434/T, DI-IPSC-81436/T, DI-CMAN-80640B, DI-CMAN-80641B, DI-DRPR-81000A/T, DI-SDMP-81493/T, DI-DRPR-81008/T, DI-DRPR-81004/T)
- Test. Plan and provide support for qualification of design, sled tests, DT&E/IOT&E, dedicated IOT&E in EMD and Acceptance Testing , and in-process tests during production. . Per CPI requirements, additional test support will be required for testing of the GBU-24 B/B / GBU-24 D/B compatible HTSF and support for CPI testing of this configuration in the modified CALCM and TLAM .(DI-NDTI-80566/T, DI-NDTI-80809B/T)
- Manufacturing and Quality Assurance Development. Establish and implement practices that effectively utilize manufacturing, quality assurance, and design functions to achieve a balanced product design which meets cost, schedule, and performance requirements with acceptable risk. Appropriate practices for implementation may include identification of key characteristics and processes; variability reduction on product, process, and infrastructure; environmental stress screening; electronic simulations of the manufacturing environment; cost modeling and Cost As an Independent Variable (CAIV); cost/performance trade studies; use of commercial parts and specifications; use of IPTs; and key supplier relationships.. (DI-RELI-80255/T)
- Integrated Logistics Support. Provide training and source data support for Technical Orders. (DI-MISC-80043, DI-MGMT-80096/T, DI-ILSS-80118C, DI-SAFT-80931A, TMCR 86-01/T)
- HTSF Fuze Systems and Accessories. Design, develop, manufacture, document, and deliver HTSF fuze systems, ground setter units and and surveillance equipment in quantities specified in the contract and which meet requirements defined in the SRD.
- Ground Setter Units. Design, develop, manufacture, document, deliver, and provide initial training on use of HTSF fuze setters/test sets for programming modes of the HTSF and for inventory life cycle surveillance.
- Data Management. Establish, implement and maintain a data management system which delivers contract data in a digital format in accordance with the Magnetic Media Requirements document furnished by the Government.
- Time and Materials Support. Establish a time and materials effort to perform pre-test planning, preparation and on site test support for testing to include cannon, sled and flight tests. This shall be for applications and concept demonstrations in addition to those required through the normally planned EMD program and options. Perform post-test fuze recovery and analyses to include interrogation of fuze or fuze instrumentation data and assessment. Perform analyses and support studies for integration to include minor fuze modifications and integration with current and future weapon systems. Separate T&M lines will be included for the basic EMD (DI-MGMT-80368/T) and for the CPI/Enhancement activities (DI-MGMT-80368/T).