||October 13, 2000
CASUALTIES IN THE INCIDENT ON USS COLE
The Navy announced today the following casualties in the incident on USS Cole:
Killed in the incident were:
- Electronics Technician First Class Richard Costelow, Morrisville, Pa.
- Signalman Seaman Recruit Cherone Louis Gunn, Rex, Ga.
- Seaman James Rodrick McDaniels, Norfolk, Va.
- Seaman Recruit Lakiba Nicole Palmer, San Diego, Calif.
- Operations Specialist Second Class Timothy Lamont Saunders, Ringold, Va.
- Ensign Andrew Triplett, Macon, Miss.
- Seaman Apprentice Craig Bryan Wibberley, Williamsport, Md.
Those still listed as missing are:
- Hull Maintenance Technician Third Class Kenneth Eugene Clodfelter, Mechanicsville, Va.
- Mess Management Specialist Seaman Lakeina Monique Francis, Woodleaf, N.C.
- Information Systems Technician Seaman Timothy Lee Gauna, Rice, Texas
- Engineman Second Class Marc Ian Nieto, Fond Du Lac, Wis.
- Electronics Warfare Technician Third Class Ronald Scott Owens, Vero Beach, Fla.
- Engineman Fireman Joshua Langdon Parlett, Churchville, Md.
- Fireman Apprentice Patrick Howard Roy, Cornwall on Hudson, N.Y.
- Electronics Warfare Technician Second Class Kevin Shawn Rux, Portland, N.D.
- Mess Management Specialist Third Class Ronchester Mananga Santiago, Kingsville, Texas
- Fireman Gary Graham Swenchonis, Jr., Rockport, Texas
Additionally, more than three dozen USS Cole Sailors were injured in the incident, several of them seriously.