Slide 9 of 39
Discuss each Philosophy item as it comes on screen:
- Psychololgical Deterrent: need not even place mines in the water to cause significant delay. Need only have credible resources and ability.
- Inexpensive: Mine that took Princeton out of action costs about $10K. Mine that damaged.
- Easy to Deliver: Virtually any platform (sea or air) can be utilized to lay mines. (Trucks can lay mines in surf and VSW)
- Time consuming to remove: MCM is slow and tedious. The meticulous attention that must be paid to MCM by MCM forces is required for:
- protection of MCM assets
-Force Multiplier: A nation without a credible blue water Navy, or even a significant small self-defense capability can lay defensive mine fields that can effectively either slow down or stop an assault on their coastline.
- EFFECTIVE: Go to next slide (self explanatory)