To support this vision, the Army has several strategic
investment objectives (Figure I-5):
- Comply with and support the defense S&T strategy and
the Army Vision, Army Vision 2010, and emerging concepts
from the Army After Next.
- Conduct "world-class" relevant research.
- Strengthen the requirements process through:
System of systems demos
S&T synchronized with TRADOC AWEs
- Support the Advanced Concepts and Technology II (ACT II)
- Provide affordable options with a focus on system
- Improve technology transition--couple S&T to
- Improve technology transfer and "spin on" by
forming partnerships with academia and industry.
- Stabilize S&T priorities and funding.
- Improve program execution and oversight.
- Attract, develop, and retain quality scientists and
- Downsize the infrastructure.
|Figure I-5. Strategic Investment Options