General Accounting Office Reports
- Defense Corporate Mergers, testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee, April 15, 1997. -- Lays out the case against taxpayer funding of corporate mergers.
- 'Payoffs for Layoffs:' Much More
Than A Sound Bite, March 11, 1997. -- Concise description of the reasons why the government should not pay defense corporations to merge.
- A Merger
Too Far, December 1996. -- Op-ed criticizing the loss of Teddy Roosevelt-style trust-busting, as shown by Administration support for the Boeing-McDonnell Douglas merger.
- Defense Corporations Are Hurting and Need a Break, Right? Wrong!, October 15, 1996. -- Data showing that defense corporate stocks have been performing far better than the market overall.
- The Wrong Industrial Policy, September 1996. -- Op-ed arguing that the Administration should support transition of defense corporations to civilian work rather than subsidizing their mergers.
- An Assessment of the Defense
Department's Merger Payments Report, July 2, 1996. -- An analysis providing counterpoint to a report supporting defense corporate merger subsidies.
- Government Payments for Defense
Industry Mergers: Talking Points, June 25, 1996. -- Arguments against unneeded merger subsidies.
- Chapter 20 Aerospace 1994 US INDUSTRIAL OUTLOOK
- DEFENSE CONVERSION WITHOUT THE FACTS: THE REPORT OF THE INSPECTOR GENERAL ON THE FAILURE OF THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE Congressional Record (Senate - July 15, 1993)
Maintained by Webmaster
Updated Friday, July 17, 1998 11:12:53 AM