- USIGS Architecture Framework (UAF) -- Revision B -- 23 June 1998
PDF Format Document (614 KB)
The UAF provides a common framework of terminology and products needed to build the USIGS Architecture. The UAF implements the principles established in the Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Architecture Framework to ensure an interoperable imagery, imagery intelligence, and geospatial information system.
- USIGS Glossary -- Revision B -- 23 November 1999
PDF Format Document (6088KB)
The intent of USIGS Glossary is to provide a common set of definitions and acronyms for the development and evolution of the USIGS.
- USIGS Operational Architecture Description (UOAD) -- 26 May 1998 (Currently Under Revision)
PDF Format Document (2581KB) containing UOAD and all appendices
The USIGS Operational Architecture Description document (UOAD) supports the USIGS Architecture goals to improve customer access to imagery, imagery intelligence, and geospatial information by evolving from the current predominantly hardcopy production, storage, and distribution system to a predominantly digital, electronic analysis and information dissemination capability.
- USIGS Technical Architecture (UTA) -- Revision A -- 26 January 1999
Main Body of UTA-A in PDF Format (600KB)
Addendum: Standards Summary and Compliance Checklist PDF Format (165KB)
The UTA profiles the DoD Joint Technical Architecture (JTA) Version 2.0 for the Imagery & Geospatial Community; presents a framework that details imagery and geospatial services and emphasizes the distributed object computing approach of the USIGS architecture.
- USIGS Objective System Architecture Description -- 28 July 1998 (Currently Under Revision)
The USIGS Objective System Architecture Description portrays the physical and functional segments and components comprising the target USIGS architecture in the 2005-2010 timeframe.
- USIGS Migration Plan (Draft)
The USIGS Migration Plan defines the migration steps that support the evolution of USIGS throughout the Future Years Defense Program (FYDP) period FY00 through FY05, with particular emphasis on the budget years FY00 and FY01. This plan, unlike the USIGS Objective System Architecture Description, is constrained by the existing budget and available schedule.
- NIMA//D// MSG 291923Z JAN 97, SUBJECT: DECLASSIFICATION OF 5 METER CIB
- SUBJ: ARMY RESPONSE TO NIMA REDUCTIONS PROPOSED BY THE QUADRENNIAL DEFENSE REVIEW - 071030Z APR97
- FINAL REPORT OF THE MILITARY OPERATIONS IN BUILT-UP AREAS (MOBA) - TERRAIN DATABASE (TDB) PROJECT
Sources and Methods
Created by John Pike
Maintained by Steven Aftergood
Updated Thursday, March 02, 2000 7:17:47 PM